By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Ps3 Just Died but not because of FF13

With the price drop the other day making a 360 a rasonable purchase, Consumers who have held back might get one. But the deal with netflix is what will put that machine in many peoples homes. Content delivery is the next step, not Blu ray. It looks great for new movies but very little differnce in anything older.  Being able to stream anything from netflix will be the major selling point this christmas.  Add to that a library that leaves Sony in the dust, Exclusive GTA4 features and Gears of war will Make the 360 the system to buy this winter. While some Sony fanboys will say the ps store will be great , Xbox live already is. Its smooth and well worth the 4.50 a month. There is nothing Sony can do at this point except watch their system sit on shelves this winter. Ps3 has died taking Blu ray with it. The average consumer does not want to spend 35 to 40 dollard on a disc when it is 154 at walmart.

The problem with fan boys on both sides is they only see their system from their point of view and not the average consumer. With netflix and some very big holiday exclusive titles this will be the system for the average consumer to buy. Its to good of a deal.

Sony has had every chance to make their system a winner and have not done one thing right to sell it. I almost bought one so I'm not some 360 fanboy. I don't post as much as sony fans since I am busy actually playing games and not blogging about ones I will play if they ever come out.

Around the Network

No.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
No.

You seriously think netflix is a big sell for the "average consumer"? Most people still don't have the broadband capacity, and if they do it's available on PC anyway. I can't see that alone persuading a non-gamer to buy an Xbox 360.

I think that your 360 is about to catch on fire....watchout!

Around the Network

I'll say it for the 3rd time: stop exaggerating, this won't kill the PS3.

DigitalMe said:

With the price drop the other day making a 360 a rasonable purchase, Consumers who have held back might get one. But the deal with netflix is what will put that machine in many peoples homes. Content delivery is the next step, not Blu ray. It looks great for new movies but very little differnce in anything older. Being able to stream anything from netflix will be the major selling point this christmas. Add to that a library that leaves Sony in the dust, Exclusive GTA4 features and Gears of war will Make the 360 the system to buy this winter. While some Sony fanboys will say the ps store will be great , Xbox live already is. Its smooth and well worth the 4.50 a month. There is nothing Sony can do at this point except watch their system sit on shelves this winter. Ps3 has died taking Blu ray with it. The average consumer does not want to spend 35 to 40 dollard on a disc when it is 154 at walmart.

The problem with fan boys on both sides is they only see their system from their point of view and not the average consumer. With netflix and some very big holiday exclusive titles this will be the system for the average consumer to buy. Its to good of a deal.

Sony has had every chance to make their system a winner and have not done one thing right to sell it. I almost bought one so I'm not some 360 fanboy. I don't post as much as sony fans since I am busy actually playing games and not blogging about ones I will play if they ever come out.

Oh , lets trust the guy with 17 posts and freaky avatar . Common , dont act like you know better then the thousands of analysts that work for Sony ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

DigitalMe said:

With the price drop the other day making a 360 a rasonable purchase, Consumers who have held back might get one. But the deal with netflix is what will put that machine in many peoples homes. Content delivery is the next step, not Blu ray. It looks great for new movies but very little differnce in anything older.  Being able to stream anything from netflix will be the major selling point this christmas.  Add to that a library that leaves Sony in the dust, Exclusive GTA4 features and Gears of war will Make the 360 the system to buy this winter. While some Sony fanboys will say the ps store will be great , Xbox live already is. Its smooth and well worth the 4.50 a month. There is nothing Sony can do at this point except watch their system sit on shelves this winter. Ps3 has died taking Blu ray with it. The average consumer does not want to spend 35 to 40 dollard on a disc when it is 154 at walmart.

il have to pass that off as a silly rant you made there. can you explain why 360 is selling less worldwide than ps3 EVEN with a lower price?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

PS3 IS DED CONFIRMED

MGS4!

price cut is temporary though...