By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Ps3 Just Died but not because of FF13

I think that alot of people are broke and can only splurge on so many luxuries. With blu ray you spend 39.95 to buy "jumper" or on xbox you can download it for seven bucks and dispose of it. For olders movies and shows high in any format only makes so much of a difference.
Right now the selling points of the systems are Wii, cheap and unique with something for everyone in a family, Xbox wealth of gamesand transition into high def for consumers. Playstation has that but they are missing big name unique games. Metal gear solid isn't enough. This is all happening going into the holiday season. Wii should do well as always , Xbox will sell strongly, but the ps3 will stall. Just how i see it, No hate for anyone

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
Borkachev said:
Ok, first: No.

Second, did Microsoft come out and say that Netflix would be exclusive to them? If they didn't, that's a sure sign that there's also a deal in the works with Sony, which may well be announced tomorrow.

They used the word "exclusive"...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e32008/articles/0714-netflixteamup.htm

Interesting. Of course we know that Sony also has a tv/movie download service in the works, but will it be able to compete? Details on both services seem pretty scarce. Will the Xbox Netflix be completely covered by your existing Netflix subscription, or will there be extra fees? If it's all-inclusive, I'd call that a pretty big selling point (though I don't imagine it'll be available to me in Canada).

Consoles are ideal platforms for the future of tv and movie downloads, because they're already in many homes, they're highly capable media devices, and they're closed systems (which allows distributors to control their content without imposing absurd restrictions). But none of these services are going to take off until they're covered by a simple monthly fee rather than pay-per-view nonsense. That's the future of television.

Well I for one am psyched about the Netflix connection. It's a great bonus as I already do both Netflix and Live. And would anyone buy the 360 just for that as some people do the PS3 for just Blu-Ray? No. But it's another point on the checklist. Do we know a date for this service?

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Because price was a major factor in the Others region all this time right? Suddenly that extra 50 dollars will send people out in groves...

B

Diomedes1976 said:
My God ,Netflix is a joke.You have to download the damn film and can only store it for some days.

You really think something like that will win any war?

Br numbers have increased by 500% year over year and keep growing each month.Thats how a format starts to make itself ,not some Netflix download.

As for the price cut....its clear its a clearance sale of the 20Gb models.So ....in few weeks the 360 will have a beautiful 60Gb HD and just the same price as now.

you don't have to buy each movie you watch on netflix though..... Isn't there a flat rate?

And also: don't blu-ray films cost 30-40 $? Oh wait, they do!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Bluray isn't dead PS3 isn't dead.

This, now this is dead:

....DigitalMe said:

With the price drop the other day making a 360 a rasonable purchase, Consumers who have held back might get one. But the deal with netflix is what will put that machine in many peoples homes. Content delivery is the next step, not Blu ray. It looks great for new movies but very little differnce in anything older.  Being able to stream anything from netflix will be the major selling point this christmas.  Add to that a library that leaves Sony in the dust, Exclusive GTA4 features and Gears of war will Make the 360 the system to buy this winter. While some Sony fanboys will say the ps store will be great , Xbox live already is. Its smooth and well worth the 4.50 a month. There is nothing Sony can do at this point except watch their system sit on shelves this winter. Ps3 has died taking Blu ray with it. The average consumer does not want to spend 35 to 40 dollard on a disc when it is 154 at walmart.

The problem with fan boys on both sides is they only see their system from their point of view and not the average consumer. With netflix and some very big holiday exclusive titles this will be the system for the average consumer to buy. Its to good of a deal.

Sony has had every chance to make their system a winner and have not done one thing right to sell it. I almost bought one so I'm not some 360 fanboy. I don't post as much as sony fans since I am busy actually playing games and not blogging about ones I will play if they ever come out.

so...if I have to believe you....that means:

Wii is the ultimate Win?...because you said putting fans aside...and the Wii is selling..and sales keep going hot..and the things it keeps adding keeps people excited..

so it wins out of both?...so both ps3 and 360 are dead?...weird....you sounded like a 360 fanboy..

Its funny, with all this talk of how good Live is, how many of you xbox 360 owners even buy all that stuff thats available?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Personally i do agree the PS3 has now just taken a mortal blow but not because of Netflix.

Japan doesn't matter this gen because the PS3 isn't selling there neither is the 360.
But in NA this will probably spark the end of the PS3. I would expect July NPD to be a very bad month for it.
The reason is simple. There are few reasons now for people to pay double to play the same games. There are fewer reasons now to buy a PS3. And in NA the gap is 7m and increasing if VGC sales are true. There are no games on the horizon for the PS3 that make you think i'd better rush out and get it. Where as the 360's numbers just keep increasing. The Fallout 3 download thing shows this. It is very much like what happened to Gamecube which i must remind people actually sold 21m units, double almost what the PS3 has.
Europe is a place that is neck and neck so again i can imagine FFXIII will spur on sales on a cheaper machine. I'm from UK and more people play 360 here. I know that FFXIII going multi-platform here will lose Sony a lot of consoles sold.

As someone else pointed out Sony are winning in Worldwide sales per week. But that number is around 20k a week, 100k max a month. That is tiny. And looking at the figures you see that the PS3 figures are actually decreasing. All it takes is something big to rock the boat which further decreases PS3 sales and increases 360 sales and once again the PS3 is on the back foot. The problem for Sony is then what is on the horizon to re-shift the trend in their favour? At this point in time not much. Tommorow will be vital for PS3, if they come out with few new exclusives and talk of games years away like the previous 2 E3's then that will probably be it. If you watch last e3's your see they delivered on only one of their titles. The rest got delayed. So they are under massive pressure now, they have to give people a reason to part with £300 for a console, they have to give a reason to pay more then a 360 and Wii combined. Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are not enough.

I actually agree that Microsoft just pulled an 800-pound gorilla out of their ass, but to be fair, Sony still has their own E3 conference, which is also sure to impress.

And this thread was terribly conceived.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."