By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Ps3 Just Died but not because of FF13

I've said it before and I'll say it again, for digital to be the next big thing, you need lots and lots of broad band everywhere, not just the big cities. It is NOT feasible to stream regular movies, let alone high def movies if you don't live in a city of a couple million. which is 99% of america, canada, mexico, and most of europe. and then what happens when it finally does catch on in 2050? the isps will throttle traffic because they don't have the bandwidth to do it, hell, they complain about not having the bandwidth for the next 5 years because of the growth of video streaming from things like youtube and the growth of online games.

Around the Network

PS3 is getting Play TV. Netflix on 360 won't kill PS3.

Ok, first: No.

Second, did Microsoft come out and say that Netflix would be exclusive to them? If they didn't, that's a sure sign that there's also a deal in the works with Sony, which may well be announced tomorrow.

netflix has a $99 box that plugs into your tv and streams netflix movies just like 360...so most consumers won't buy 360 just for that feature

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
cwbys21 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, for digital to be the next big thing, you need lots and lots of broad band everywhere, not just the big cities. It is NOT feasible to stream regular movies, let alone high def movies if you don't live in a city of a couple million. which is 99% of america, canada, mexico, and most of europe. and then what happens when it finally does catch on in 2050? the isps will throttle traffic because they don't have the bandwidth to do it, hell, they complain about not having the bandwidth for the next 5 years because of the growth of video streaming from things like youtube and the growth of online games.

I completely agree. From whatt I've read braodband suppliers are going to start charging by usage just like the gas or water company which will have a large effect on all downloading across the board. Dvd's are going to be around for a long long time. People like them and most buyers have a ver large collection

Around the Network

If the Netfix-thing came to my country i would fix the 360 i have in the closet just because of that. To me that was the highlight

i didnt bother readin the op but.. no

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

cwbys21 said:

I disagree.  Broadband has become continually cheaper per byte sent since the late 80's...  Also, over 75% of the population in North America lives in large cities where broadband is readily available.  Add to that, the availability of low cost satellite or high speed cellular access within the next 5-10 years and the accessibility will be there for everyone.

Think outside the box.  These companies wouldn't invest in something they didn't think was going to become common place.  Their shareholders would not allow it.

Borkachev said:
Ok, first: No.

Second, did Microsoft come out and say that Netflix would be exclusive to them? If they didn't, that's a sure sign that there's also a deal in the works with Sony, which may well be announced tomorrow.

They used the word "exclusive"...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e32008/articles/0714-netflixteamup.htm

My God ,Netflix is a joke.You have to download the damn film and can only store it for some days.

You really think something like that will win any war?

Br numbers have increased by 500% year over year and keep growing each month.Thats how a format starts to make itself ,not some Netflix download.

As for the price cut....its clear its a clearance sale of the 20Gb models.So ....in few weeks the 360 will have a beautiful 60Gb HD and just the same price as now.