By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Ps3 Just Died but not because of FF13

Yeah...maybe we should wait for the 360 to actually outsell the PS3 for a week before you say that? Fact still remains that after Gears 2 the 360 has no huge exclusives. FF will boost the PS3 sales in Japan tremendously.

This keeps the 360 in the running, but it does nothing to Sony except for those buyers on the fence or who are looking to get a 2nd console.

The PS3 has already outsold the 360 during GTAIV launch, while having lower price. GTAIV is MUCH bigger than Final Fantasy, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Around the Network

You know I was going to wait much longer to get a 360. With FF13 now coming to 360, Naruto the only game me and my daughter wanted followed by Mass Effect, Fable 2 and a few others. Well I'm starting to think I will get a second console and sooner. With Netfllix being streamed over the internet. That would sure be a lot more convenient than renting at a movie store and generally a few dollars more. Though it has to be streamed not downloaded.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

This is the problem with 90% of the people on this site they are all fanboys and only look at the "good" of there system and the "bad" of the other one. DigitalME neglected to mention that pstore is FREE online is FREE and that ps3 has ALOT of exclusives coming out of its own. so unless u present FACTS not buyist opinions. Do not make a post saying that a system is dead. The fact is and you cant deny it , is that the ps3 will never die it is IMPOSSBILE because maybe you forgot that sony is one of the alrgest companies in the world and there are MILLIONS of people who by sony systems just because it has the sony logo and they have an excellent standard of quality. XBOX 360 has sold more and is a GREAT system.. it has been out a year longer whichs means more time for games and more time to sell. but the ps3 is a BETTER system(and no one can dispute that becasue the hardware is much better and has much more potential than the 360 dose) the 360 had great ahrdawre to and the capability for great games which it has shown but no where near as much as the ps3. netflix will NOT be a big selling point the "average consumer"( btw this term makes no sense every consumer is average in the eyes of the company ). and even if it was capable that ps3 could die (which it is not) it would not take blue ray with it(again digitalme with 0 facts) because blu ray sells enough players and dvd's without the ps3... one mroe thing the price drop of $50  wont amtter peopel who were gogin to get a ps3 are still gogin to get one and peopel who were goign to get a 360 are stil going to get one if price matter ALOT the ps3 wouldnt have sold at all because its 400-500 dollars.

P.S vg charts you guys need to seriously screen your members more becaue what you get are 85% uneducated , underinformed, fanboys who cant see all the systems for what they are then make a decent decision on which one they feel is better

If this were an Ain't it Cool News forum several people would've shouted PLANT! by now.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

halfstrike said:

This is the problem with 90% of the people on this site they are all fanboys and only look at the "good" of there system and the "bad" of the other one. DigitalME neglected to mention that pstore is FREE online is FREE and that ps3 has ALOT of exclusives coming out of its own. so unless u present FACTS not buyist opinions. Do not make a post saying that a system is dead. The fact is and you cant deny it , is that the ps3 will never die it is IMPOSSBILE because maybe you forgot that sony is one of the alrgest companies in the world and there are MILLIONS of people who by sony systems just because it has the sony logo and they have an excellent standard of quality. XBOX 360 has sold more and is a GREAT system.. it has been out a year longer whichs means more time for games and more time to sell. but the ps3 is a BETTER system(and no one can dispute that becasue the hardware is much better and has much more potential than the 360 dose) the 360 had great ahrdawre to and the capability for great games which it has shown but no where near as much as the ps3. netflix will NOT be a big selling point the "average consumer"( btw this term makes no sense every consumer is average in the eyes of the company ). and even if it was capable that ps3 could die (which it is not) it would not take blue ray with it(again digitalme with 0 facts) because blu ray sells enough players and dvd's without the ps3... one mroe thing the price drop of $50 wont amtter peopel who were gogin to get a ps3 are still gogin to get one and peopel who were goign to get a 360 are stil going to get one if price matter ALOT the ps3 wouldnt have sold at all because its 400-500 dollars.

P.S vg charts you guys need to seriously screen your members more becaue what you get are 85% uneducated , underinformed, fanboys who cant see all the systems for what they are then make a decent decision on which one they feel is better

Please do not say I am uneducated when you don't know the difference between the word biased and buyist which does not exist. As i stated I am not a fan boy but someone who has seen a company i used to buy. They are alson a movie comp[any and other companies are wary of puytting a bulk of their media on the ps store. When all is said and done they will promote their media over any other companies. Not the best business move for other companies.

Second 85% of all blu ray players are ps3, If the system goes that will be the end of it.

Average consumer is far different from a technology junkie and they are the ones who bought ps2. They are people who would never go to a site like this.

Yoyr argument falls apart when you say this sight should screen people like me instead of just debating my position and that is a fact which you apparently need.

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
No.

I just pulled this off of Kotaku.

I don't think the PS3 will die, but that pic is priceless and strangely on topic.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The Xbox is already dead simply because it is American and so Europeans and Japanese won't buy it. No matter how many games they get MS will never penetrate Europe or Japan so it is only a matter of time before third parties abandon the system because of the very limited market reach of the Xbox 360.

DTG said:
The Xbox is already dead simply because it is American and so Europeans and Japanese won't buy it. No matter how many games they get MS will never penetrate Europe or Japan so it is only a matter of time before third parties abandon the system because of the very limited market reach of the Xbox 360.

I think that highly speculative and based on incorrect assumptions.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think you make a good point DigitalMe that more people want content available to them quick and easy. The problem is will they ever get the chance. For the people who want Netflix probably have it. The other thing is will they be attracted by the 360 enough. The 360 doesn't have all the games or features those kind of consumers want. So, will they still buy it.

I think you are right to say more people want dirrect content rather then Blu-Ray. It is simply more practical to them. It's more of a question of will it matter.

Also, to those saying price cuts are temporary, remember how bad the PS3 was doing till it's price cut?

Hawkeye said:
price cut is temporary though...

It isn't even a price drop.  It's a clearance sale.