By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Waiting for BC on ps3

.:Dark Prince:. said:
@Colonel

You know not all people have money to give away for something that should be there in the first place. Because when you buy a PS2 you'll also have to buy component cables (assuming you have an HDTV) and memory cards.

Also, many people don't like having a lot of consoles hooked up, for example to play with my PS2 i have to unplug my Wii.

get a system selecter.... you people are crazy there is a solution to every problem......

you people are like girls and bitch so much about stupid things..

Around the Network

sorry, i couldn't resist. i suffer from ODD

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Andir said:
BengaBenga said:
So, now we are at the point where even asking for BC is seen as an insult to the mighty PS3, my god.
What utter ^%E#*. Here in Europe you CAN'T buy a new PS3 with BC, I CAN'T import one, since my PS2 games are PAL and I WON'T buy another PS2, since I don't want to install all different kinds of systems to my TV.
So therefore I ask for a normal BC compatible PS3 here in Europe, if anyone thinks that's trolling he complete lost it.

Ok.  So you're telling me that if I post in the Nintendo forum and the Microsoft forums on how I'd like a system that doesn't have a power brick that it won't be closed?

Edit: or one of the other various things the system can't do like HD graphics for Wii and at least a month of uptime without a RROD for the 360...

No, it won't be closed. There are numerous threads on how it sucks that Wii doesn't have have a harddrive (which I agree with as well) and how bad RRoD is.  

It's too bad that there are Sony fanboys on this forum that take everything as an insult, even reasonable questions like this one. Again: the PS2 has numerous amazing games, BC is available everywhere else in the world. Is it really that offensive to you that I won't buy a console that lacks certain features.

Andir said:

Ok.  So you're telling me that if I post in the Nintendo forum and the Microsoft forums on how I'd like a system that doesn't have a power brick that it won't be closed?

Edit: or one of the other various things the system can't do like HD graphics for Wii and at least a month of uptime without a RROD for the 360...

Dont know about the rest of the thread, but THAT was trolling.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

why not just buy a ps2 and forget about the ps3 until they actually have a few games you will enjoy? seems simple enough, you said yourself you want to play those ps2 games and not ps3 games. lol

Around the Network
  1. ..
  2. ..
  3. ..
  4. Substance. Content is king. Threads lacking content can and will be locked. Some tips to keep you and your posts out of trouble:
    • Do not post only that Item A sucks, or that Item B is better than Item C. Give reasons why, post links to documented problems, of screenshots, or whatever you can. Similarly, do not reply to other posters with "you're wrong." Explain why you disagree, and perhaps point to the correct answer.
    • Spam, or multiple short replies in a row without any substance, is not allowed. Explain and justify your opinions. If you have nothing to add to a topic, then go to another topic and post in there instead. Similarly, even if it's well defended, repeating your opinion about a console or game multiple times is also spamming.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

splatman1981 said:
why not just buy a ps2 and forget about the ps3 until they actually have a few games you will enjoy? seems simple enough, you said yourself you want to play those ps2 games and not ps3 games. lol

Well for me: I will buy one of the HD consoles for Resident Evil 5. I can choose between 360 and PS3. 360 has the better library (FOR ME!!!) but if the PS3 has BC that will mean another life for a number of the best games I ever played (don't have a PS2 anymore since it died, but quite a few games). 

BengaBenga said:
Andir said:
BengaBenga said:
So, now we are at the point where even asking for BC is seen as an insult to the mighty PS3, my god.
What utter ^%E#*. Here in Europe you CAN'T buy a new PS3 with BC, I CAN'T import one, since my PS2 games are PAL and I WON'T buy another PS2, since I don't want to install all different kinds of systems to my TV.
So therefore I ask for a normal BC compatible PS3 here in Europe, if anyone thinks that's trolling he complete lost it.

No, it won't be closed. There are numerous threads on how it sucks that Wii doesn't have have a harddrive (which I agree with as well) and how bad RRoD is.  

It's too bad that there are Sony fanboys on this forum that take everything as an insult, even reasonable questions like this one. Again: the PS2 has numerous amazing games, BC is available everywhere else in the world. Is it really that offensive to you that I won't buy a console that lacks certain features.

But you're talking about two things that you have no control over, and offer no workarounds, and more importantly, two things that are being/have been fixed.  And I'm sure that those threads had much better first posts than this thread's first post.  But PS3 b/c is something that you have control over, and can work around. 

It's not comprable to b/c which he could work around if he wanted to.  Key word being wanted.

i think a slim ps3 will have bc

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

To sum up this thread. Some people don't want a PS3 because it can't do what they want it to.

(anything i missed?)

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3