By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Waiting for BC on ps3

Hey I wanted an 80 gig too. The dude on the phone messed up my order and I was pissed. Now I'm not. Why? Because I've got more then enough games to play. In fact too many:

Since January I've played: Devil May Cry 4, Call of Duty 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Condemned 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, Grand Turismo 5, Folklore, Assassins Creed, Elder Scrolls 4, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ninja Sigma, Castlevainia: SOTN

Not to mention on PC I bought Bioshock and Gears of War

I have like 2 DS games I haven't even touched including Pheonix Wright: T&T, Zelda:PH

Underlined games are ones I haven't even had a chance to finish. Now imagine if I had a Wii, this problem would be even worse.

The point is if you can't find quality games this day and age you're retarded.

And the second point is that for the price difference between the 40 gig and the 80 gig you can get a brand new slimline PS2 that will play 100% of PS2 games. That's what I'm gonna do; perfect for the bedroom. If your saying you can't fit a teensey weensy little slimline PS2 in your house along with the PS3 then get off VG Charts right now and start looking for a new place on Craigslist.

Around the Network

I cant believe we are still discussing why one of the more vocal PS3 haters on the site wont buy a PS3 due to BC.

Diomedes1976 said:
I cant believe we are still discussing why one of the more vocal PS3 haters on the site wont buy a PS3 due to BC.

'Very simple. The ps3 games that are available right now just won't do it for me, and since i haven't ever played all those ps2 games, i want to play those as well so i have a greater library to play. To me, the ps3 library right now is just..poor really..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

colonelstubbs said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
@Colonel

You know not all people have money to give away for something that should be there in the first place. Because when you buy a PS2 you'll also have to buy component cables (assuming you have an HDTV) and memory cards.

Also, many people don't like having a lot of consoles hooked up, for example to play with my PS2 i have to unplug my Wii.

Sorry what?

Why should it be there in the first place? Do all consoles have to be BC? Was the original playstation? Or the N64? Or the gamecube?

Saying something like that just shows how some people have been so spoilt by the games industry

No, but Sony themselves said that BC is very important and something they always implemented in their consoles or something along the lines of that.

Also, the fact that the US has some PS3s with BC is a huge slap in the face of Sony's most supportive market.

tombi123 said:
If you don't care about Blu-Ray, import an 80GB PS3 from the USA. All PS3 games are region free.

P.S, is there any reason why this wouldn't work?

I don't like shipping overseas. Besides i don't have a creditcard.

Around the Network
Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Impulsivity said:
Just get a 60GB on ebay, its what I did. I traded in my 20GB, got a 60GB and now have full backwards compatibility on everything, easy.

i don't want 2nd handed things.

Then why the thread?  Sounds like Oppositional defiant disorder.  You're not looking for a solution to the problem except blaming someone else, you apparently know the situation is not remediable but you decided to post anyway...

The only thing that doesn't match is the perceived self-hatred (though this could be a method of masking such behavior by lashing out at others to hide it)

•    Arguing with adults
•    Having frequent temper tantrums
•    Seeking revenge
•    Actively defying requests
•    Refusing to follow rules
•    Blaming others for their own mistakes
•    Deliberately annoying other people
•    Easily angered, resentful, vindictive, or spiteful

"Teens with ODD show their defiant and negative behaviors by being persistently stubborn. They are frequently unwilling to compromise or give in to adults. Patients may deliberately ignore orders, argue, and push limits far beyond acceptable standards"

That could be used to describe a vast majority of teens though...

So what was the point of this thread again?  Oh right, trolling.  You know the solution is not within your self restricted reach, you are fishing for responses trying to help re-enforce said restrictions, and you are actively trying to discredit someone else (or something else: Sony and those who already bought the system?) by starting the thread.

There are multiple solutions to this problem:

1.  Buy a PS2.

2.  Buy a BC PS3.

3.  Move on, quit worrying about it, and quit trolling.

It's obvious though that you really want a PS3, otherwise you would not be posting so much about your dislikes about it.  You most likely dislike the fact that you must actually pay forward some cash to enjoy this experience and you're seeking an excuse to justify not purchasing said product.

I take this as a personal insult. Your mazda is ugly

•    Arguing with adults
•    Seeking revenge

Oh, and for what it's worth, I don't have that car anymore, and I really don't care what you think. ;)

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Meh guys Neos is not trolling (atleast not this time) =p.

tombi123 said:
If you don't care about Blu-Ray, import an 80GB PS3 from the USA. All PS3 games are region free.

The PS3 games are region-free; however, the PS2 games are not region-free. The partial BC on the 80gb PS3 would be moot since they own PAL PS2 games, which would not work on the US PS3.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Andir said:
Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Impulsivity said:
Just get a 60GB on ebay, its what I did. I traded in my 20GB, got a 60GB and now have full backwards compatibility on everything, easy.

i don't want 2nd handed things.

Then why the thread?  Sounds like Oppositional defiant disorder.  You're not looking for a solution to the problem except blaming someone else, you apparently know the situation is not remediable but you decided to post anyway...

The only thing that doesn't match is the perceived self-hatred (though this could be a method of masking such behavior by lashing out at others to hide it)

•    Arguing with adults
•    Having frequent temper tantrums
•    Seeking revenge
•    Actively defying requests
•    Refusing to follow rules
•    Blaming others for their own mistakes

"Teens with ODD show their defiant and negative behaviors by being persistently stubborn. They are frequently unwilling to compromise or give in to adults. Patients may deliberately ignore orders, argue, and push limits far beyond acceptable standards"

That could be used to describe a vast majority of teens though...

So what was the point of this thread again?  Oh right, trolling.  You know the solution is not within your self restricted reach, you are fishing for responses trying to help re-enforce said restrictions, and you are actively trying to discredit someone else (or something else: Sony and those who already bought the system?) by starting the thread.

There are multiple solutions to this problem:

1.  Buy a PS2.

2.  Buy a BC PS3.

3.  Move on, quit worrying about it, and quit trolling.

It's obvious though that you really want a PS3, otherwise you would not be posting so much about your dislikes about it.  You most likely dislike the fact that you must actually pay forward some cash to enjoy this experience and you're seeking an excuse to justify not purchasing said product.

I take this as a personal insult. Your mazda is ugly

•    Arguing with adults
•    Seeking revenge

Oh, and for what it's worth, I don't have that car anymore, and I really don't care what you think. ;)

Wow you were really useful to this thread. Insulting me and looking for stupid excuses. Perhaps you should report yourself for sillyness. I expect more mature behavior from someone at your age.

smbu2000 said:
tombi123 said:

The PS3 games are region-free; however, the PS2 games are not region-free. The partial BC on the 80gb PS3 would be moot since they own PAL PS2 games, which would not work on the US PS3.

good point :)