By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Waiting for BC on ps3

same here neos, same here.

If I take a PS3 80gb directly from NA then I will not be able to play my PAL PS2-PSX games so I need a PAL PS3.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
BengaBenga said:
It's ridiculous.
Without full BC I won't buy a PS3, it's that simple. The PS2 has the second best library ever and I expect that I can play those when I buy a PS3.
If it's not in there when RE5 releases I'll be a happy 360 owner.

I see ,as you want to play a 100% PS2 enabled machine you will refuse to buy the 95% enabled 80Gb and buy instead the 0% PS2 enabled X360.You are a smart guy arent you?

Can you stop saying ridiculous things already?

You both sound ridiculous.

i could have swore i posted in here early hours in the morning

Okay people. If it doesn't have b/c then don't buy it.

Who cares?

It's not like people like Benga and Neos are in the majority.  They're in the minority.  People who really don't want to own the system will always find a reason to not own it.  And owners of the system (Diomedes) will defend it to the death.  Neither one will budge, and both believe that they are right.  So this thread is a waste of preciouis server space, since people who don't want to own a rival console, won't, instead of accepting each system for what it's lacking, and it's faults.  As I previously stated, these opinions are in the vast minority, as the PS3 has been selling just fine with only the forty gig in circulation.  Remember last Christmas when everyone was saying how low sales would drop without b/c?  Well, it seems like the vast majority of people have gotten over it, and you should too.  The demand hasn't subsided with the removal of b/c, so again, who cares?  It's not like Sony is hurting for sales of two individuals.

Honestly...I have a brand new ps2 slim that I just bought to replace my old PS2.

I couldn't care less about BC at tis point.

I just want at least 10 games that I want to play. Maybe that'll happen by xmas 2009.

Around the Network
.:Dark Prince:. said:
@Colonel

You know not all people have money to give away for something that should be there in the first place. Because when you buy a PS2 you'll also have to buy component cables (assuming you have an HDTV) and memory cards.

Also, many people don't like having a lot of consoles hooked up, for example to play with my PS2 i have to unplug my Wii.

Sorry what?

Why should it be there in the first place? Do all consoles have to be BC? Was the original playstation? Or the N64? Or the gamecube?

Saying something like that just shows how some people have been so spoilt by the games industry

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Neos said:
Impulsivity said:
Just get a 60GB on ebay, its what I did. I traded in my 20GB, got a 60GB and now have full backwards compatibility on everything, easy.

i don't want 2nd handed things.

Then why the thread?  Sounds like Oppositional defiant disorder.  You're not looking for a solution to the problem except blaming someone else, you apparently know the situation is not remediable but you decided to post anyway...

The only thing that doesn't match is the perceived self-hatred (though this could be a method of masking such behavior by lashing out at others to hide it)

•    Arguing with adults
•    Having frequent temper tantrums
•    Seeking revenge
•    Actively defying requests
•    Refusing to follow rules
•    Blaming others for their own mistakes
•    Deliberately annoying other people
•    Easily angered, resentful, vindictive, or spiteful

"Teens with ODD show their defiant and negative behaviors by being persistently stubborn. They are frequently unwilling to compromise or give in to adults. Patients may deliberately ignore orders, argue, and push limits far beyond acceptable standards"

That could be used to describe a vast majority of teens though...

So what was the point of this thread again?  Oh right, trolling.  You know the solution is not within your self restricted reach, you are fishing for responses trying to help re-enforce said restrictions, and you are actively trying to discredit someone else (or something else: Sony and those who already bought the system?) by starting the thread.

There are multiple solutions to this problem:

1.  Buy a PS2.

2.  Buy a BC PS3.

3.  Move on, quit worrying about it, and quit trolling.

It's obvious though that you really want a PS3, otherwise you would not be posting so much about your dislikes about it.  You most likely dislike the fact that you must actually pay forward some cash to enjoy this experience and you're seeking an excuse to justify not purchasing said product.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

High five Andir!

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Andir said:
Neos said:
Impulsivity said:
Just get a 60GB on ebay, its what I did. I traded in my 20GB, got a 60GB and now have full backwards compatibility on everything, easy.

i don't want 2nd handed things.

Then why the thread?  Sounds like Oppositional defiant disorder.  You're not looking for a solution to the problem except blaming someone else, you apparently know the situation is not remediable but you decided to post anyway...

The only thing that doesn't match is the perceived self-hatred (though this could be a method of masking such behavior by lashing out at others to hide it)

•    Arguing with adults
•    Having frequent temper tantrums
•    Seeking revenge
•    Actively defying requests
•    Refusing to follow rules
•    Blaming others for their own mistakes
•    Deliberately annoying other people
•    Easily angered, resentful, vindictive, or spiteful

"Teens with ODD show their defiant and negative behaviors by being persistently stubborn. They are frequently unwilling to compromise or give in to adults. Patients may deliberately ignore orders, argue, and push limits far beyond acceptable standards"

That could be used to describe a vast majority of teens though...

So what was the point of this thread again?  Oh right, trolling.  You know the solution is not within your self restricted reach, you are fishing for responses trying to help re-enforce said restrictions, and you are actively trying to discredit someone else (or something else: Sony and those who already bought the system?) by starting the thread.

There are multiple solutions to this problem:

1.  Buy a PS2.

2.  Buy a BC PS3.

3.  Move on, quit worrying about it, and quit trolling.

It's obvious though that you really want a PS3, otherwise you would not be posting so much about your dislikes about it.  You most likely dislike the fact that you must actually pay forward some cash to enjoy this experience and you're seeking an excuse to justify not purchasing said product.

I take this as a personal insult. Your mazda is ugly

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

If you don't care about Blu-Ray, import an 80GB PS3 from the USA. All PS3 games are region free.

P.S, is there any reason why this wouldn't work?