By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Waiting for BC on ps3

Impulsivity said:
Just get a 60GB on ebay, its what I did. I traded in my 20GB, got a 60GB and now have full backwards compatibility on everything, easy.

i don't want 2nd handed things.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

How about buying a PS2 and PS3?

*bleu-ocelot* said:
How about buying a PS2 and PS3?

not an option, waste of money and space, i will only buy 2 consoles in total

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

they will eventually release an emulator, sony would be stupid if they didn't. there are far too many aaa titles that i would still like to play and own like GoW, ICO and SoTC etc

But if they didn't release it and i would be desperate to play ps2 games, id just pik up a ps2 since they going dirt cheap anyway. its nt a big deal until u make it one :s

For me, 100% backwards compatibility would be if I can play ICO and Shadow of Colossus.

No more needed.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I can promise you by the begining/mid next year sony will bring a fully BC model WW(something like 80 Gb in NA)

why?as soon as sony can make profit in line with the profit they make on PS2 they ll drop the PS2 and will focus more on PS3,,,,but right now ,buying a PS2 for sony means good profit while selling a PS3 means money loss for sony.So from a business point of view it doesn't make sense now to bring backward compatible PS3 WW casue it wil increase PS3 sales and decrease PS2 sales.

i was the same. i wanted 100% BC on the 360 so i could play my Xbox games. when they couldn't deliver i bought a PS3 instead.

then i gave away my xbox and games...

irony.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

For those who want BC....im sure you already own a PS2....why not just keep that? Or stop being so fecking tight and just buy a PS2! They're what....60 quid in the UK? I dont know how that converts to euros, but it cant be much

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@Colonel

You know not all people have money to give away for something that should be there in the first place. Because when you buy a PS2 you'll also have to buy component cables (assuming you have an HDTV) and memory cards.

Also, many people don't like having a lot of consoles hooked up, for example to play with my PS2 i have to unplug my Wii.

I sympathise with you European guys, after all, I live in Australia. The absolute dearth of backwards compatibility in the PAL regions really is sort of disturbing. I, for one, would be willing to fork out more cash for a backwards compatible PS3 and I know that if one is ever released, I'll probably trade in my 40gig for it.