By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Waiting for BC on ps3

Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Impulsivity said:
Just get a 60GB on ebay, its what I did. I traded in my 20GB, got a 60GB and now have full backwards compatibility on everything, easy.

i don't want 2nd handed things.

Then why the thread?  Sounds like Oppositional defiant disorder.  You're not looking for a solution to the problem except blaming someone else, you apparently know the situation is not remediable but you decided to post anyway...

The only thing that doesn't match is the perceived self-hatred (though this could be a method of masking such behavior by lashing out at others to hide it)

•    Arguing with adults
•    Having frequent temper tantrums
•    Seeking revenge
•    Actively defying requests
•    Refusing to follow rules
•    Blaming others for their own mistakes
•    Deliberately annoying other people
•    Easily angered, resentful, vindictive, or spiteful

"Teens with ODD show their defiant and negative behaviors by being persistently stubborn. They are frequently unwilling to compromise or give in to adults. Patients may deliberately ignore orders, argue, and push limits far beyond acceptable standards"

That could be used to describe a vast majority of teens though...

So what was the point of this thread again?  Oh right, trolling.  You know the solution is not within your self restricted reach, you are fishing for responses trying to help re-enforce said restrictions, and you are actively trying to discredit someone else (or something else: Sony and those who already bought the system?) by starting the thread.

There are multiple solutions to this problem:

1.  Buy a PS2.

2.  Buy a BC PS3.

3.  Move on, quit worrying about it, and quit trolling.

It's obvious though that you really want a PS3, otherwise you would not be posting so much about your dislikes about it.  You most likely dislike the fact that you must actually pay forward some cash to enjoy this experience and you're seeking an excuse to justify not purchasing said product.

I take this as a personal insult. Your mazda is ugly

•    Arguing with adults
•    Seeking revenge

Oh, and for what it's worth, I don't have that car anymore, and I really don't care what you think. ;)

Wow you were really useful to this thread. Insulting me and looking for stupid excuses. Perhaps you should report yourself for sillyness. I expect more mature behavior from someone at your age.

It is not I who is throwing around the insults.  Perhaps you'd like to refer yourself to the post where you insult my taste in cars?

I was making an observation.  You clearly have no will to buy a PS3, so remind me again why you are here?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
If you don't care about Blu-Ray, import an 80GB PS3 from the USA. All PS3 games are region free.

P.S, is there any reason why this wouldn't work?

PS1 and PS2 games are not region free so he would have almost as bad a problem, I also want the BC but as I will be in USA soon im pretty sure 95% will be good enought for me, Is it all 100% PS1 compatability, Must replay Tomba.

Andir said:
Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Impulsivity said:
Just get a 60GB on ebay, its what I did. I traded in my 20GB, got a 60GB and now have full backwards compatibility on everything, easy.

Then why the thread?  Sounds like Oppositional defiant disorder.  You're not looking for a solution to the problem except blaming someone else, you apparently know the situation is not remediable but you decided to post anyway...

The only thing that doesn't match is the perceived self-hatred (though this could be a method of masking such behavior by lashing out at others to hide it)

•    Arguing with adults
•    Seeking revenge

"Teens with ODD show their defiant and negative behaviors by being persistently stubborn. They are frequently unwilling to compromise or give in to adults. Patients may deliberately ignore orders, argue, and push limits far beyond acceptable standards"

So what was the point of this thread again?  Oh right, trolling.  You know the solution is not within your self restricted reach, you are fishing for responses trying to help re-enforce said restrictions, and you are actively trying to discredit someone else (or something else: Sony and those who already bought the system?) by starting the thread.

1.  Buy a PS2.

2.  Buy a BC PS3.

It's obvious though that you really want a PS3, otherwise you would not be posting so much about your dislikes about it.  You most likely dislike the fact that you must actually pay forward some cash to enjoy this experience and you're seeking an excuse to justify not purchasing said product.

•    Arguing with adults
•    Seeking revenge

Oh, and for what it's worth, I don't have that car anymore, and I really don't care what you think. ;)

Wow you were really useful to this thread. Insulting me and looking for stupid excuses. Perhaps you should report yourself for sillyness. I expect more mature behavior from someone at your age.

It is not I who is throwing around the insults.  Perhaps you'd like to refer yourself to the post where you insult my taste in cars?

I was making an observation.  You clearly have no will to buy a PS3, so remind me again why you are here?

I want a ps3, with BC, brandnew. That is all I ask

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Impulsivity said:

•    Arguing with adults
•    Seeking revenge

1.  Buy a PS2.

2.  Buy a BC PS3.

•    Arguing with adults
•    Seeking revenge

Done, thread closed.  No more discussion here.

So, how is posting on VGChartz going to remedy this?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Neos said:
Diomedes1976 said:
I cant believe we are still discussing why one of the more vocal PS3 haters on the site wont buy a PS3 due to BC.

'Very simple. The ps3 games that are available right now just won't do it for me, and since i haven't ever played all those ps2 games, i want to play those as well so i have a greater library to play. To me, the ps3 library right now is just..poor really..

Again, you're in the minority.

The PS3 library is just fine.  I could list games, etc, but like Andir and I said, you don't want to own a PS3; All you'll do is find a reason why you wouldn't like any of the games, it'd be a waste of your time and mine.  Now I'm not gonna call you a troll or say you're flamebaiting, because I'd like to believe that you're just making this thread because you're bored, and not to just bash Sony, as I believe you're smarter than that.  But if you aren't then, like I said, don't own a PS3.  If there's no b/c don't waste your money on a system you don't want.  You'll be happier that way, and the thread can die, and we can all move on. 

Lulz @ not liking shipping overseas.  As I said, you don't want to own a PS3.  The excuses for not wanting to own one are getting sorrier.

Around the Network
Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Andir said:
Neos said:
Impulsivity said:

Then why the thread? Sounds like Oppositional defiant disorder. You're not looking for a solution to the problem except blaming someone else, you apparently know the situation is not remediable but you decided to post anyway...

• Arguing with adults
• Having frequent temper tantrums
• Seeking revenge
• Actively defying requests
• Refusing to follow rules
• Blaming others for their own mistakes
• Deliberately annoying other people
• Easily angered, resentful, vindictive, or spiteful

So what was the point of this thread again? Oh right, trolling. You know the solution is not within your self restricted reach, you are fishing for responses trying to help re-enforce said restrictions, and you are actively trying to discredit someone else (or something else: Sony and those who already bought the system?) by starting the thread.

1. Buy a PS2.

2. Buy a BC PS3.

3. Move on, quit worrying about it, and quit trolling.

It's obvious though that you really want a PS3, otherwise you would not be posting so much about your dislikes about it. You most likely dislike the fact that you must actually pay forward some cash to enjoy this experience and you're seeking an excuse to justify not purchasing said product.

• Arguing with adults
• Seeking revenge
• Deliberately annoying other people
• Easily angered, resentful, vindictive, or spiteful

It is not I who is throwing around the insults. Perhaps you'd like to refer yourself to the post where you insult my taste in cars?

I was making an observation. You clearly have no will to buy a PS3, so remind me again why you are here?

Read what I wrote up a few posts. I understand why you wan't the BC. From your games collection it looks like you've never had a playstation so of course you're interested in BC. Just read what I wrote and respond. Extra points if you can do it without being abrasive.

So, now we are at the point where even asking for BC is seen as an insult to the mighty PS3, my god.
What utter ^%E#*. Here in Europe you CAN'T buy a new PS3 with BC, I CAN'T import one, since my PS2 games are PAL and I WON'T buy another PS2, since I don't want to install all different kinds of systems to my TV.
So therefore I ask for a normal BC compatible PS3 here in Europe, if anyone thinks that's trolling he complete lost it.

@ andir

I was calling out for people that are waiting as well.

So far that is Benga and libellule, and i'm very sure there are more around here.

As pointed out, PAL 60Gb is exactly the same as NA 80Gb except for HDD size and region coding, so for people in Europe after a BC PS3 the best option is to pick up a 2nd hand 60gb. I really wouldn't hold my breathe for a full software BC model. I don't think Sony are putting any resources into this.

Anyway, PS3 isn't convenient to mod to play different region PS2 games, so the best option is to have a chipped PS2 if you have games from more than one region. I ended up buying a PS2 despite having a BC PS3 for this very reason. PS2 is so small that it doesn't create a space problem, but you do lose out on the upscaling PS3 provides.

I'd prefer a region free BC PS3, but seeing as one doesn't exist, modded PS2 + PS3 is the best option.

BengaBenga said:
So, now we are at the point where even asking for BC is seen as an insult to the mighty PS3, my god.
What utter ^%E#*. Here in Europe you CAN'T buy a new PS3 with BC, I CAN'T import one, since my PS2 games are PAL and I WON'T buy another PS2, since I don't want to install all different kinds of systems to my TV.
So therefore I ask for a normal BC compatible PS3 here in Europe, if anyone thinks that's trolling he complete lost it.

Thanks.