By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Manhunt 2 gets kiss of death, ESRB rates it AO

Sony and MS don't allow AO-games either.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6172830.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Around the Network

oh well, we'll see zombies instead of humans again. bummer.

the Wii is an epidemic.

DKII said:

So that's why ero games don't make it to consoles, how sad.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
KruzeS said:
DKII said:

So that's why ero games don't make it to consoles, how sad.

lol

I dunno...I expect Manhunt 2 to make it to shelves somehow...perhaps some bribery or appealing to the ESRB, I dunno hehe. I'm not going to buy it though...not my kind of game...I'll probably rent it though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

What pisses me off about games like this, is they DRAW ATTENTION to the gaming rating system. The last thing we need is more rules and regulations because you can literally make "choking/strangling motions" with your hands to choke someone in a videogame.

It will be different, in the Government's/Congressmans/Whiners eyes when you have to actually move your hands and choke someone to win the game. It will be seen as different than just pressing a button.

The game is going to be toned down for a release. (It's the whole testicle removing hype that fuels the AO, MK has pulling spines out of people asses for god sake). It maybe wise for take-two to invest in Action Replay Wii, since you know it will be mandatory to unlock the cut coding of the game(Programers always leave cut code inside even when the game is finished). It's hot coffee all over again..although sex has more appeal than scrotum removal.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

VonShigsy said:
The game is going to be toned down for a release. (It's the whole testicle removing hype that fuels the AO, MK has pulling spines out of people asses for god sake). It maybe wise for take-two to invest in Action Replay Wii, since you know it will be mandatory to unlock the cut coding of the game(Programers always leave cut code inside even when the game is finished). It's hot coffee all over again..although sex has more appeal than scrotum removal.

theres a slight difference, in my opinion, of removing a spine, and removing genitals

everyone here is missing one important point:

Neither Nintendo nor Sony will license an AO rated game on their systems.

Therefore Rockstar has no choice in the matter, if they wish to release this game on the PS2 and Wii, they will have to get an M rating. It's as simple as that. There is no option for releasing the game as AO as Nintendo nor Sony will license it.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I wish Sony and Nintendo would change the rules.