By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is the lowest realistic expectation for lifetime sales of Wii,PS3,360?

Wii-45 million
360-30 million
PS3-30 million

Around the Network

These are through 2011 lowest predictions for each console.

Nintendo Wii-

Worst Case Scenario: 55 million

This is if sales of Wii do not continue on a hot streak as casual interest drops in Wii after 2-3 years and price drops of other two make them seem more reasonable to buy.

Expectation: 65 million

High end: 90 million (if PS3 never picks up and 360 remains only a strong seller after price drops and at holidays)

Xbox 360-

Worst Case Scenario: 40 million

This is if Xbox 360 sales do not get a huge rise except for short periods after price cuts and during holidays and remain stagnant the rest of the months of the year.

Expected: 48 million

High End: 55 million (If 360 becomes the hardcore gamers' mainstay for the rest of the generation in US and Europe and PS3 price drops never make enough of a change for it to catch up)

PS3-

Worst Case Scenario: 40 million

This is if the PS3 price cut doesn't come before 07 holidays and FF XIII doesn't sell as well in Japan as the first FF games of each of the previous generations have.

Expected: 55 million.

High End: 65 million.

This is if sales in Japan pick up significantly with the release of FF XIII and other future FF and Gran Turismo games. If it drops to a pricepoint consistently within 100 dollars of 360 in the US and if HD adoption increases in at the rate that it is foreseen now.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Ok. We have 30.  While I calculate the results..entertain yourselfs with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQhxtigExc&mode=related&search=

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

Ok. We have 30. While I calculate the results..entertain yourselfs with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQhxtigExc&mode=related&search=

I'd rather watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WPteMFkI2k

I know this is stupid but I´d like to predict the predictions, lets see

PS3, about 35-40

360, about 25-30

Wii, about 40-50

I hope I´m not way off

Around the Network
El Duderino said:

I know this is stupid but I´d like to predict the predictions, lets see

PS3, about 35-40

360, about 25-30

Wii, about 40-50

I hope I´m not way off

So racially he's pretty cool?

My worst case scenario for each console

X360 - 25 million - performs the same as xbox. Red Ring of death numbers releasead (20%) and M$ can not solve the faulty hardware problem. Wii and PS3 cuts their price at the same time and M$ can not do the same (8 billion in loses). Too many FPSs keeps consumers away (even hardcore).

PS3 - 20 million - M$ buys all the third party support. Wii sells at 6:1 ratio. Sony gives up in 2010 (thanks to shareholders) and starts working on PS4.

Wii - 60 million - third parties refuse to support Nintendo just like in GC era. Wii can not shake off the kiddy and casual only stigma. Games for hardcore are Nintendo only.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
My worst case scenario for each console

X360 - 25 million - performs the same as xbox. Red Ring of death numbers releasead (20%) and M$ can not solve the faulty hardware problem. Wii and PS3 cuts their price at the same time and M$ can not do the same (8 billion in loses). Too many FPSs keeps consumers away (even hardcore).

I think the red ring numbers are higher than that (much higher) and that's why MS will never say them...

^^ Hahaha, exactly, he´s very cool racially

Average minimum expectation for each console:

Wii - 57.6 million

Xbox 360 - 34.73 million

Playstation 3 - 29.3 million

The first post (by me) was 50 million for Wii, 35 million for 360, and 40 million for PS3..interesting.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu