By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is the lowest realistic expectation for lifetime sales of Wii,PS3,360?

Wii - 1 billion(really I say 155 million)
Xbox 360 - 30 million
Playstation 3 - 31 million

Around the Network

I'd have to say
Wii 120 Mil
360 37 Mil
PS3 90 Mil

Wii worst case: 100 Million
Wii expected: 200 Million

PS3 worst case: 22 million (getting axed this year)
PS3 expected: under 40 million

360 worst case: 40 million
360 expected: 40 million

PS360 - 40 million
Wii - 90 million

Wii worst case - 100 Million

XBOX 360 worst case - 40 Million

PS3 worst case - 30 Million

Around the Network

LOL@ first few posts. Some of the most pessimistic predictions I have ever seen. People put the Wii at 40 million minimum? And laughed at Rol when he said 110 million was a minimum for the Wii? GOLD!

Anyway, some more updated predictions:

PS3: 50 million
Xbox 360: 50 million
Wii: 125 million

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

A lot of people are STILL posting unreasonably low. Like PS3 stopping at 23 million? WTF? It'll be there by like May...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Wii - 90 million
360 - 40 million
PS3- 35 million

Kantor said:
A lot of people are STILL posting unreasonably low. Like PS3 stopping at 23 million? WTF? It'll be there by like May...

Presuming that it will be in the race in May at all!

The European Sony gaming chief, David Reeves, literally admitted that they are fighting against the company's "Hmm, I'm not sure I want to be in this business at all." -thoughts.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/feb/05/david-reeves-sony-europe-losses

I admit that this is not the most likely outcome, but it is still realistic enough, that I wouldn't be shocked if it would happen.

The 360 won't get axed, because even though it has worse overall financial results than the PS3, Microsoft is willing to lose that money for eliminating the PS brand, for future purposes.

I pretty well agree with you 100%,

The Wii: 100 million

PS3: 50 million

X360: 50 million

Which is amazing sales numbers for everyone, I'd say anything over 50 million is a huge success.