By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Interview, screens and video.

@Sansui

Why are you comparing an early version of The Conduit to Halo 2? As of now, this game looks loads better than Halo 2, particularly the textures.

Around the Network
chasmatic12 said:

@Sansui

Why are you comparing an early version of The Conduit to Halo 2? As of now, this game looks loads better than Halo 2, particularly the textures.

Didn't realize the other trailer was that old.  Even looking at the new trailer the poly counts look the same as Halo 2 or Half Life 2, both Xbox 1 generation games.

The art direction looks a bit better, better use of color and some newer shader use it looks like... texture size probably better too in some areas. 

Either way, the new trailer graphics don't look anything beyond the days of the geforce 5800.  It looks good for a wii game, it just doesn't look good enough to get all this hype its been getting on forums everywhere

The game is looking better and better, nevermind the haters. I can't wait to hear about the hands-on impressions from the E3 demo.

I'm definately going to try this when it comes out. I hope games like this open the floodgates of quality 3rd party Wii games.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

My fiend can;t wait until this game comes out. You don't get a lot of games like this on the wii. This game will put wii graphics to the test.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

looks very good

looks great

routsounmanman said:
DMeisterJ said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:

So in 2,5 months we've gone from this:

to this:

It looks like they're going for highly detailed character models, and low res, low detail environments.

There's tons of jaggies all on the ground, the black strips that outline the boxes on the ground, and just about every point in which two polygons meet.  Good character models are nothing without a good environment.

It all in the lighting, if you look closely; even Mario Galaxy looked amazing due to bloom lighting, normal mapping, etc.

Yeah. All they have to do is cover the game with bloom lighting like Retro Studios did with Corruption...

@Dmeister Firstly the wii game will have alot of jaggies compared to a PS360 game because of the resolution. Secondly I doubt they added any AA yet, because they still have 9 more months. I'm pretty sure they could fix that in 9 months. Also if you look at the gameplay video you would see that the pictures aren't a good representation of the graphics. Also they already confirmed online multiplayer.

@Everybody who is comparing this game in terms of gameplay to metroid prime 3. They are from two different genres, so please there is nothing to compare.
@Snesboy If they do it as good as retro studios did it the game would look very nice. If they do it like tons of hd console developers do it, you will just get blinded from all of the HDR.