By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Interview, screens and video.

DMeisterJ said:
trestres said:
GREAT STUFF, I honestly can't believe this was pulled out by a small 3rd party dev.

Just look at what the big companies like Activision, Crapcom, Konami or Ubirrea have to offer, all lazy ports, rehashes or casual shit. This is indeed amazing.

Thanks to HVS we may see some core games. Nintendo needs to learn from this guys, even if the game sucks, their effort will be bigger than any other dev on the Wii so far.

Wow. 

Could your post have any more fail in it?  Activision is bringing DLC for GH: WT to the Wii, Capcom gave you RE4, RE: UC, and is giving you MH3.  Monster Hunter Freakin 3.  What in the hell are you talking about "Crapcom"?

My thoughts exactly.

Around the Network
Sansui said:
I'm not sure I understand the hype for this game. Is the gameplay going to be incredible? I haven't followed too well so I don't know if this is some kind of fantabulous story + gameplay combination

Graphically it doesn't outshine xbox 1 shooters like Doom 3 or Halo 2. I will say the Conduit's choice of color palette looks better to me, Halo 2 was so muted/bland looking in the alien levels. But really, these graphics seems just on par with xbox 1 at best

halo2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=OClxRZ11Tww&feature=related

the conduit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=C5EhfHNPA8g

I thought the conduit one looked better and it was from 2 months ago. The new video looks much better than the previous one.

@Kyros

I normally like just reading what you say >.> makes me laugh enough.

Anyway what your saying is speculation, you dare to speak on behalf of all Wii owners like your the saving voice of them all my self included actually.

I don't know about them but your not speaking for me, now what is not speculation is when this game is released we can watch the sales. Then laugh about it over some wine or beers; your choice really.

@People sying the game is generic

I used to love and hate FPS's CoD4 didn't have enough, it seemed too generic after playing GoW at my friends house, but the people ate CoD4 up yet the simplicity wasn't the point because Unreal Torny 3 was as simple as you get but hasn't held a candle to CoD4 sales.

This game has a Bond feel to it, I'm sure that's what high voltage were aiming to poke at with the whole tuxedo get up, the sci-fi suit stuff is going just some other thing, I see this game as the next step to 007 golden-eye right now, from what little I know about the story and how it's incoperated into he game play.

All the other 007's will wish they had turned out like this.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I was hoping it would be more like GoldenEye / Perfect Dark. The great thing about GoldenEye was that you could use stealth, do a whole level just with the silenced pistol. The gameplay in the Conduit looks more like a run and gun fast paced shooter.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Haters/angry fanboys/desperate kids like Kyros will obviously put this project down, as they fear that Wii may steal some 3rd party games from his beloved console. But no worries, Wii is already getting a lot of great exclusives. Cry me a river Kyros.

LOL did I hurt your feelings testres? By pointing out that this is a third-party developer with at best average games with a new IP of a generic FPS with the ONLY advantage of some comparably nice graphics.
I just don't understand it. Nintendo fanboys like you would KILL a generic FPS from a noname developer on PS360. Another FPS. Graphics are not important. I can hear the comments. But on Wii it is suddenly the second coming? It may not be nice to point this out but the inconsistency is pretty weird.

Around the Network

The game can sell 1 million... If they could market it well enough. The developer seems to have taken great efforts on this game, so they must not let it go to waste. But still, considering the large userbase, even if the "hardcore %" is low, there should still be enough people to buy the game to help it reach platinum status.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

this gonna be awesome

Kyros said:
Haters/angry fanboys/desperate kids like Kyros will obviously put this project down, as they fear that Wii may steal some 3rd party games from his beloved console. But no worries, Wii is already getting a lot of great exclusives. Cry me a river Kyros.

LOL did I hurt your feelings testres? By pointing out that this is a third-party developer with at best average games with a new IP of a generic FPS with the ONLY advantage of some comparably nice graphics.
I just don't understand it. Nintendo fanboys like you would KILL a generic FPS from a noname developer on PS360. Another FPS. Graphics are not important. I can hear the comments. But on Wii it is suddenly the second coming? It may not be nice to point this out but the inconsistency is pretty weird.

As I have said in the past (and was recently backed up in interviews):

"Publishers gain access to licenced properties and turn a profit by producing these games at the lowest possible cost and selling them based entirely on the popularity of the IP. These publishers tend to farm these IPs out to the same developers because they know they can consistently produce the games they promise to under budget and on schedule; if High Voltage went overbudget, delayed their games, or didn't deliver their promised features they probably wouldn't receive further IPs."

"Developers like High Voltage are not (typically) given the opportunity to break the cycle of being a shovelware developer ... But High Voltage seems to be well managed because they have built up enough money (over time) to be able to pay for development of The Conduit without a publisher; being that they're taking a very high personal risk you would assume they have faith that they will be able to produce a high enough quality title to both recover their investment and build a decent reputation for themself."

to produce a high enough quality title to both recover their investment and build a decent reputation for themself."

This is fair and does sound a lot more humble, but the bruhaha surrounding this game is still pretty funny. It is compared with Resistance and Halo, people ask if it will sell more than 4 million or if the score will be higher than 90%...

More resources and time alone normally do not make a good game. Experience and talent are even more important. But we will see.

Kyros said:

Exactly all the guys on this forum see it as exactly the game they wanted to counter the common Wii criticism of bad graphics, no adult games, no core games like FPS, no quality third-party support.

But it still is a game that wouldn't have a snowflake chance of big success on the other consoles. It has no big name, no cool story-line or setting (as far as we know, the enemies look pretty thrown together). To me it looks like the FPS of the past that didn't bother with creating a coherent world or storyline and just did live for the FPS gameplay. Which is no bad thing, playing them was fun.

But the only argument why it would be having great sales is because there are no other games like it on the Wii and this is no good argument at all. People who want generic FPS have a PS3 or 360 besides their Wii. And to compare it with Gears or Halo like some have done here is so way out of line.

I think people here want it to succeed. But Okami and Bloom Blox showed that this is not exactly helpful .

That is awesome... using a PS2 port that sold terrible on a 120 million + system and a puzzle game marketed to 8th graders to illustrate why the Conduit won't sell. Good one.

It's ok for you to hate the Wii, but you go out of your way to be the voice of pessimism as if you're paid to do so.