By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Interview, screens and video.

ok, after that video, I'm all over this game. Can't wait to see more at E3.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
@Everybody who is comparing this game in terms of gameplay to metroid prime 3. They are from two different genres, so please there is nothing to compare.
@Snesboy If they do it as good as retro studios did it the game would look very nice. If they do it like tons of hd console developers do it, you will just get blinded from all of the HDR.

Amen brother.

Now, part of the reason people are getting so excited about this game is High Voltage seems to be saying everything that the "core" Wii gamer has said for months

Exactly all the guys on this forum see it as exactly the game they wanted to counter the common Wii criticism of bad graphics, no adult games, no core games like FPS, no quality third-party support.

But it still is a game that wouldn't have a snowflake chance of big success on the other consoles. It has no big name, no cool story-line or setting (as far as we know, the enemies look pretty thrown together). To me it looks like the FPS of the past that didn't bother with creating a coherent world or storyline and just did live for the FPS gameplay. Which is no bad thing, playing them was fun.

But the only argument why it would be having great sales is because there are no other games like it on the Wii and this is no good argument at all. People who want generic FPS have a PS3 or 360 besides their Wii. And to compare it with Gears or Halo like some have done here is so way out of line.

I think people here want it to succeed. But Okami and Bloom Blox showed that this is not exactly helpful .

sc94597 said:
@Dmeister Firstly the wii game will have alot of jaggies compared to a PS360 game because of the resolution. Secondly I doubt they added any AA yet, because they still have 9 more months. I'm pretty sure they could fix that in 9 months. Also if you look at the gameplay video you would see that the pictures aren't a good representation of the graphics. Also they already confirmed online multiplayer.

The thing that made MP3 look good was the art style. The texturing was really well done and it didnt need a high poly count. The Conduit has a high poly count and really good detail in enemies, weapon, etc. but it needs better texturing in the environment/background which isnt done well. MP3 really didnt push the wii anywhere close to the limit but it did pushed it a bit. SMG is the only game right now that pushes the wii somewhat. I am very confident Factor 5 can out due all easily. Resolution wise higher doesnt mean better graphics but more clarity. Lower res, u can say means better graphics. That is why Doom 3 for XBOX was only 480p. Thanks to my friends in Gametrailers.com, mostly AC Revolution, i no this much.

DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
EPP said:
Kyros said:
LOL people talking about 4 million sales. Pretty funny. This is a no-name generic FPS with comparably nice looks but not much else. If this sells more than a million than I do not understand the Wii userbase.

VGChartz.com |

Why is that? Give me a list of good old non-brainer FPS Games on the Wii that actually Are fun.

There isn't really a hella lot of them. Especially not with those visuals ( very important for First Person Shooters, if you ask me).

Call me ignorant, but at this moment I would much rather play The Conduit, rated D for Dumb, than another JRPG rated L for Lame :P

Don't bother. The guy almost never posts anything good about the Wii.

The same could be said about you (about the PS3).

If you have nothing nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all.

This it typical of you. Twisting words of others to deny their point is valid. I meant he was mocking the Wii, and you know it.

EDIT: Or at least that's how it looked. Yet you didn't defend him, just tried to imply I was doing the same, when I have done nothing of the kind. That is a bullshit way to argue.

I don't really say much about the PS3, but if you've paid attention, I haven't really said that many compliments about any of the systems, even the Wii, aside from hoping for its success. You obviously haven't really paid attention to my posts enough to see that. No, attacking bashers is what I do the most, but I've been cutting down on that. Kyros goes on boards to mock the Wii, or it's fans. I barely post here at all any more. That couldn't be said to the same, so how dare you lie that it is.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Kyros said:
Now, part of the reason people are getting so excited about this game is High Voltage seems to be saying everything that the "core" Wii gamer has said for months

Exactly all the guys on this forum see it as exactly the game they wanted to counter the common Wii criticism of bad graphics, no adult games, no core games like FPS, no quality third-party support.

But it still is a game that wouldn't have a snowflake chance of big success on the other consoles. It has no big name, no cool story-line or setting (as far as we know, the enemies look pretty thrown together). To me it looks like the FPS of the past that didn't bother with creating a coherent world or storyline and just did live for the FPS gameplay. Which is no bad thing, playing them was fun.

But the only argument why it would be having great sales is because there are no other games like it on the Wii and this is no good argument at all. People who want generic FPS have a PS3 or 360 besides their Wii. And to compare it with Gears or Halo like some have done here is so way out of line.

I think people here want it to succeed. But Okami and Bloom Blox showed that this is not exactly helpful .

Okay, that comment I understand. I should clarify that some of us want it to sell because it's a third party making a genuine effort, and that's a good thing on any system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Kyros said:

It's true, they can't be compared because those games rely on a cumbersome thumbstick for aiming.

The Conduit won't be generic if it manages to be the best FPS to utilize an IR pointer, which is a goal it could quite possibly achieve.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

It's true, the good press The Conduit is getting all revolves around the technical aspects of the game, being graphics, multiplayer or control. It differs itself from the hype built for MGS4, GoW, MP or many other action games.

Though this is actually needed for the Wii, a decent 3rd party effort. I prefer this guys to get everything running before going into the story or characters. Good graphics, multiplayer and control will be a first entry in the 3rd party support for the Wii. So even if this game was to suck in story and characters, it will still set some standards for future Wii projects, plus the Quantum engine could be available for other 3rd party devs to use in the future.

I'm pretty sure this game will have an interesting story, interesting characters and great gameplay mechanics. Allow them to finish working on its technical aspects first...

Haters/angry fanboys/desperate kids like Kyros will obviously put this project down, as they fear that Wii may steal some 3rd party games from his beloved console. But no worries, Wii is already getting a lot of great exclusives. Cry me a river Kyros.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I didn't know they took local multiplayer out....Oh well.... it will be a good FPS experience I think. This game will be good though.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Mint said:
With alot of Wii users being under the age of 17... I'm not too sure how this'll sell being an M game.

I'd say by the time it comes out, 50 million Wii's will be sold, maybe less.
Thats about 25 million possible, and since not everyone will buy it... I'm not too sure.
Still, it should sell very well...

I for one, being under 17, will still find a way to get it ;D

You're 17 and I'm 33, so out of our sample of wii users I would extrapolate that 50% are under the age of 18, 50% are over 32, and there are no users from 18-32. Nintendo should really do more to target the 18-32 demographic by publishing games like the conduit. 18 - 32 year olds love FPS since they are hardcore.