By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Interview, screens and video.

fazz said:
They've been working hard. Hope UbiSoft and EA stay the f*ck away from High Voltage.

They should let Nintendo or SEGA publish the game; they seem like the only companies that'll throw some money to support it.

Around the Network

if the controls are as good as they are saying (on the Fly adjustment instead of paused), Gameplay is very well done and entertaining, the visuals(graphics) are on par or Better than MP3 (which is beautiful looking game-one of the best on wii so far) & the online setup is Good (personally i think they should go with EA for publishing ...will get the advertising AND the server setup for Online) then

Every Single Core gamer-that likes FPS games- that has a Wii Will Buy this game(we are looking at probably ~1.5 million or so ..

if it is an excellent game(ie pretty much Nailing Everything) it will get some core gamers Without the Wii...to get the Wii and the Game(50-200 thousand maybe more or maybe less-all depends on world of mouth, if every site is raving about the game, it'll get more).

.:Dark Prince:. said:

So in 2,5 months we've gone from this:

to this:

And they still have ~9 months till release. Awesome!

I think that just because that picture was released two and a half months ago doesn't mean that's how old it is. I'm sure it's much older. But the bottom one--holy fucking shit--did that ever catch me off-guard. That's a whole league better than in the first gameplay trailer.

The footage looks really good, although I think the person playing isn't trying very hard to do a good job! Seeing one alien shot in the crotch three times begs the question--will the aliens have more sensitive areas on their bodies?  Knock 'em down if you shoot them in the legs, one-hit-kills to the head, that kind of thing.  Maybe that's part of the polish they're planning on doing.  Let's hope.

Otherwise, this game just keeps getting better.  I hope it scores at least 90% because then, at long last, the Wii will have it's Halo/Resistance.  Hah.  Funny.  All three deal with alien invasion.  But then, FPS's are the big thing these days, and Nintendo has been slow to follow through.  Which is kinda sad when you think about how ahead of the curve they were when Goldeneye007 and Turok: Dinosaur Hunter launched (Turok being the first to introduce the dual-analog setup in a primitive sort of way).

Maybe this will convince Nintendo themselves to make a more refined sequel to Geist.

More videos : here

Kyros said:
LOL people talking about 4 million sales. Pretty funny. This is a no-name generic FPS with comparably nice looks but not much else. If this sells more than a million than I do not understand the Wii userbase.

Well, from your posting history I would say that you do not understand the Wii userbase ...

Most people by now are willing to accept that the Wii's userbase is made up of quite a few "core" gamers from the N64/Gamecube, Playstation/PS2, and XBox who have enjoyed a variety of first person shooters in the past, and would be interested in playing first person shooters on the Wii. The truth is not many good first person shooters have been released and this means there is a demand based vaccuume which will need to be filled by something.

Now the generic nature of this game (in ways) makes me feel more comfortable about saying that it has a good chance of being a pretty good game. A good general guideline to become successful at something in life is to find someone who is successful and copy everything they're doing until you find yourself to be successful, when you think you know what you're doing and can fully emulate the success find someone else to copy; only after everything that you're trying to do has become second nature do you attempt to inovate. For a small third party developer who is making their first major title I would suggest that they find games they enjoy playing and to copy the elements of the game they enjoy to the best of their abilities.

Now, part of the reason people are getting so excited about this game is High Voltage seems to be saying everything that the "core" Wii gamer has said for months; and another element of this is everyone wants to root for the little guy.

How well this game sells will (ultimately) depend on how well they're able to deliver on the promise of the game (if it is an 80% to 90% game I would say they have done an excellent job) and how heavily marketed it is; being that they are paying for development and shopping for a publisher, they may have the opportunity to work with a publisher who will heavily invest in marketing on a level we rarely see for Wii games.

Will this game see Gears of War or Halo levels of success? Probably not without the help of Nintendo, but it could being that it seems to be the only game for the Wii that is even trying to be a high quality first person shooter.

Around the Network

this is the wiis resistance and guerriela games studio, this game is on my list and i cant wait

to this:

It looks like they're going for highly detailed character models, and low res, low detail environments.

There's tons of jaggies all on the ground, the black strips that outline the boxes on the ground, and just about every point in which two polygons meet.  Good character models are nothing without a good environment.

My god ... that trailer looked so ... well actionpacked :o The game looks IMO amazing . The first screens look primitive compared to the new ones :o

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

DMeisterJ said:

to this:

It looks like they're going for highly detailed character models, and low res, low detail environments.

There's tons of jaggies all on the ground, the black strips that outline the boxes on the ground, and just about every point in which two polygons meet.  Good character models are nothing without a good environment.

It all in the lighting, if you look closely; even Mario Galaxy looked amazing due to bloom lighting, normal mapping, etc.

mesoteto said:
this is the wiis resistance and guerriela games studio, this game is on my list and i cant wait

Well I wouldent put the two in the same league yet , but who knows , it has a good shot at it :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!