By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Interview, screens and video.

Is metroid 3 60 frames? Not that i don't like FPS's but M3 was claustrophobic as all hell. This does look faster, more detailed and apart from aliens ( which are not as funky as humans ) i like the games look thus far.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
trestres said:
GREAT STUFF, I honestly can't believe this was pulled out by a small 3rd party dev.

Just look at what the big companies like Activision, Crapcom, Konami or Ubirrea have to offer, all lazy ports, rehashes or casual shit. This is indeed amazing.

Thanks to HVS we may see some core games. Nintendo needs to learn from this guys, even if the game sucks, their effort will be bigger than any other dev on the Wii so far.

based on the trailer it looks action packed which is a plus for me

megaman79 said:
Is metroid 3 60 frames? Not that i don't like FPS's but M3 was claustrophobic as all hell. This does look faster, more detailed and apart from aliens ( which are not as funky as humans ) i like the games look thus far.

Yes metroid prime 3 ran at 60fps. Also it is an AAction- Adventure with shooter elements.

Where visuals are concerned it puts MP3 to shame.
Let's hope that they deliver on the gameplay end as they are claiming.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Well the graphics have improved vastly since it was first revealed, hopefully the gameplay and story are of the same quality. I`m still cautious about how this will turn out but I`m beginning to become quite interested in this game.

Around the Network

with at least 6 months remaining until it's release and the statement that the single player is finished then it's a pretty safe bet there's no element of this will be rushed.

Gameplay is not the concern, the concern for me is advertising and it's success.

Wow, they really fix'd the Lightning. That's what made games like Resident Evil 4 look so good.

And they still have more than enough time for multiplayer and polishing! Great stuff

I'm really impressed by the look of the game. If they have a made a dev-friendly engine, they will make loads of money just out of licenses.

My only hope is that they've nailed the controls and that the overall gameplay is on the same level as graphics

Hype levels at maximum..Nintendo as a publisher would do this game justice. It deserves lot's of publicity, just for the sheer amount of work HV are puttingin this game. Each screen and video are vastly better than the last info we had. The first trailer was a bit grainy but this is smooth and frantic.

The other good news are that their other Wii effort, Gyrostar is succesful (link) so we can expect Animales de Muerte be released with good word-by-mouth for the company. Nintendo should sign them up as second party after the Conduit's release.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Snesboy said:
@ sc94597

Yes, RE4 for the GameCube had normal mapping, which was one of the reasons it was a total pain to port to PS2 and why RE4 looked as good as Doom 3.

You got two points off. Firstly, the GC just had bump mapping, which is just normal mapping with monochrome instead of full color (which means it takes a lot less memory). Since the textures underneath have full color, it's not really losing that much to just do bump mapping. In fact, the demo for the Quantum 3 engine says it just used bump mapping instead of normal mapping, just really high quality bump mapping.

Secondly, it was the lack of texture compression that was the problem with the PS2. The system could still do the same mapping and resolution on the textures (trust me on this), but the color depth is a lot lower, as well as the polygon count.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs