By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Interview, screens and video.

SHMUPGurus said:
sc94597 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Wow... Is that really 30 fps? I'm sure it would go 60 fps if it wasn't an online video (and playing the game on an actual television).

High Voltare Software makes us believe! =P

They already said that 30fps allows them to make more visual splendor. Actually if search for a thread about the conduit being 30fps on this site, you will find out why the difference isn't noticable in console game, especially on SDTVs. Anyway most HD console games run at 30fps, and even some wii games(twilight princess,okami, etc) run at 30 fps. So its fine.

Cool, if I'm not too lazy I'll check it out. Seriously, I don't really care either if it's 30 fps or 60 fps, but how can you say there's barely a difference?

Halo 3 - 30 fps

Call of Duty 4 - 60 fps, definitely.

So it might go:

The Conduit - 30 fps

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 60 fps

?

Halo 3 didn't seem to have a constant 30fps. It seemed increase and dropped alot, and if it was constant you wouldn't have known a difference, unless they were both side by side. Trust me read this thread and you would know what I'm talking about. Read the second and third pages mostly. That is if you still don't think I'm telling the truth about the difference being minimal.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
OooSnap said:
You know, if The Conduit sells more than say 4 million (I think it will most likely be at least 2 million +), Devs are going to be kicking themselves for not developing a game that the Wii core market really needs. But hey, it's their loss.

Woah Woah Woah calm down there. We have to wait and see who is publishing the game before jumping to conclusions and calling it a multimillion seller. I think 500k is enough for them to make a decent profit, and 1mln is an amazing profit. Hopefully they don't find a publisher who will hinder the sales. I would think Ea, Capcom(American Branch), or even nintendo would be good choices for publishers. They would actually advertise the game. If it goes to one of these publishers then I would say it will be a multimillion seller. If it goes to publishers like ubisoft, or Activision seem like they would want to hinder the sales. Anyway I think we should wait and see before making sales predictions. OH and publishers would be kicking themselves if the game sold 1 mln. Just because how much cheaper wii developement is.(2-4 times depending on how big the games are.)

Nintendo should publish this game and support it with strong advertising to reward these guys for doing what just about all other big studios have refused  to do, puting time and effort in making a great looking gamers game on the wii, not just doing crap shovelware with sub ps2 graphics.

Next they should sign them up as a second party like factor 5 and give them a solid franchise to work on or even better give them the time and money to create a new mature ip.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

With alot of Wii users being under the age of 17... I'm not too sure how this'll sell being an M game.

I'd say by the time it comes out, 50 million Wii's will be sold, maybe less.
Thats about 25 million possible, and since not everyone will buy it... I'm not too sure.
Still, it should sell very well...

I for one, being under 17, will still find a way to get it ;D

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

sc94597 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
sc94597 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Wow... Is that really 30 fps? I'm sure it would go 60 fps if it wasn't an online video (and playing the game on an actual television).

High Voltare Software makes us believe! =P

They already said that 30fps allows them to make more visual splendor. Actually if search for a thread about the conduit being 30fps on this site, you will find out why the difference isn't noticable in console game, especially on SDTVs. Anyway most HD console games run at 30fps, and even some wii games(twilight princess,okami, etc) run at 30 fps. So its fine.

Cool, if I'm not too lazy I'll check it out. Seriously, I don't really care either if it's 30 fps or 60 fps, but how can you say there's barely a difference?

Halo 3 - 30 fps

Call of Duty 4 - 60 fps, definitely.

So it might go:

The Conduit - 30 fps

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 60 fps

?

Halo 3 didn't seem to have a constant 30fps. It seemed increase and dropped alot, and if it was constant you wouldn't have known a difference, unless they were both side by side. Trust me read this thread and you would know what I'm talking about. Read the second and third pages mostly. That is if you still don't think I'm telling the truth about the difference being minimal.

In facts, there might be no difference, but my eyes clearly say otherwise. But anyway, like I said, as long as they get all their technology in there and that the gameplay is always constant without any framedrops, it's fine by me! =P

*EDIT: But yeah, like you said, having 30 fps LOCKED is better than having a dropping 60 fps during intensive action parts.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Normal Mapping!!!! YES!!!!

Around the Network

I think Sega might not be a bad choice for a publisher, though they might not advertise it enough. Still, they both support the Wii and are now the home for Platinum Games. The latter has made me hope things are looking up for them. That studio seems to be quite a coup.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

This is going to be tasty in my belly. They are doing everything right with this game, not only are they putting in the best effort they can to make a great Wii, hardcore title, but they are also getting the hype train rolling, so the sales are guaranteed. I for one have this marked as a critical purchase and hopefully a wonderful sign of things to come for the Wii.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Snesboy said:
Normal Mapping!!!! YES!!!!

How many wii games use it now? 3? SMG, Dewy's Adventure , and this? I'm pretty sure there are more though. Fatal Frame IV seems like one of them. Hopefully they will license their engine after The conduit releases.

Edit: Did RE4 use normal mapping? Or any GC game for that matter?

The game does look very good(even better than some first party Wii games).

but I hope none of you are the same people on Sony section criticizing anyone who is excited for killzone 2 due to its graphics. See,, a game with good graphics(relative to other games on that platform) can get you excited.same way Sony fans are excited about KZ2.

SpartanFX said:
The game does look very good(even better than some first party Wii games).

but I hope none of you are the same people on Sony section criticizing anyone who is excited for killzone 2 due to its graphics. See,, a game with good graphics(relative to other games on that platform) can get you excited.same way Sony fans are excited about KZ2.

But this is the only Wii game with shinezzzz:

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!