By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Interview, screens and video.

SpartanFX said:
The game does look very good(even better than some first party Wii games).

but I hope none of you are the same people on Sony section criticizing anyone who is excited for killzone 2 due to its graphics. See,, a game with good graphics(relative to other games on that platform) can get you excited.same way Sony fans are excited about KZ2.

Of course. Most wii fans are excited because of the visuals, and that its like the only exclusive FPS that looks promising, with online multiplayer, good controls, and maybe even voice chat. Also if they license the engine it could mean alot more, because 1 Most wii developers that are making core games will use the engine allowing for Next Gen(better than last gen) graphics all around, and 2 There will be more developers making core games for the wii, instead of porting ps2 ones. Also this game seems to have decent gameplay, with a mixture of many excellent fps and action-adventures, and a prety decent story. Also its the first sci-fi shooter on the wii.(MP3=ACtion-Adventure). So while the game may be overlooked as just another fps on the ps360, there is absolutely no games of this kind on the wii, and HVS could tap into a gold mine. So while the main reason is graphics there is more behind the facade. Oh, and KZ2 looks like a major improvement over the first, but most people usually judge it off of the first one being lower than expections(but still a very good fps). If I were to play fpses on consoles that would be one of the fpses I would be interested in.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Exblackman said:
dib8rman said:
Yea LAN is kinda out dated, no one wants to lug their crt or plasma to their friends house. Now if they mean 4x Wii using wifi to communicate with 1 Wii as host that can do 4 player split screen on 1 television, then boom chaka!

That brings up and interesting point.Does any other wii game offer LAN support and if so how was implemented and faired.

The wii is capable of lan, and even the gamecube was. So it should fairly work. I think it was used for MKDD. Did anybody try it? How well did it work?

The lan worked absolutely amazingly well in MK:DD. When you had 16 players a lot of things changed. Mostly the random character/kart selection which worked out very well at that point since it would be impossible for everyone to get their favorite character by choice.

The logistics of it was god awful though. Having to find 4 GCs with the game and the adapter along with 4 spare TVs and 16 controllers was a nightmare. If you took the adapter out of the equation it was a lot easier, but still a huge pain. Lan just doesn't work well with consoles normally. People don't like to cart around their TVs to play a game for a few hours. Lan ability is in no way shape or form a substitute for split-screen on a home consoles.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

SpartanFX said:
The game does look very good(even better than some first party Wii games).

but I hope none of you are the same people on Sony section criticizing anyone who is excited for killzone 2 due to its graphics. See,, a game with good graphics(relative to other games on that platform) can get you excited.same way Sony fans are excited about KZ2.

I see what you are going for but I think it is a bad example. Killzone 2 is a sequel to a fairly mediocre shooter but is hyped as AAA. A better comparison would be for a new IP that is visually spectacular (Lair before release) or a sequel to a good game like MGS4.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

@ sc94597

Yes, RE4 for the GameCube had normal mapping, which was one of the reasons it was a total pain to port to PS2 and why RE4 looked as good as Doom 3.

Is a really shame, I hate FPS.

Around the Network
MANUELF said:

Didn't you say the other day this might be your first FPS? Lol if you never tried them, how do you know you hate them?

I like how HVG do daily updates on the game like once a month and you can really see it coming along and improving each time. There's definitely hope here.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

GREAT STUFF, I honestly can't believe this was pulled out by a small 3rd party dev.

Just look at what the big companies like Activision, Crapcom, Konami or Ubirrea have to offer, all lazy ports, rehashes or casual shit. This is indeed amazing.

Thanks to HVS we may see some core games. Nintendo needs to learn from this guys, even if the game sucks, their effort will be bigger than any other dev on the Wii so far.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

That new video does look good. Damn

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

sc94597 said:
MANUELF said:

Didn't you say the other day this might be your first FPS? Lol if you never tried them, how do you know you hate them?

The first FPS I ever owned, but I played a lot and only liked Goldeneye, but maybe I give it a try.