By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone here still think the Wii is a fad?

Or have you finally come to to terms that people like the Wii and that Nintendo is teh winrar?

Around the Network

Fad simply means Craze... a fad could last a decade, remember the boyband of the late 80 and early 90s?

Yes, I think it's a fad, because I think it's doing better than it really deserves to. Same reason I think Ipod is a fad.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

This generation of consoles will be replaced eventually, but if they weren't the Wii would go on for years and years.

Yea I believe Wii is gimmicky and a fad... deal with it.

Also actually kingofwale describes my context for the above statement very well.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

there might still be some people that think that

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Fad simply means Craze... a fad could last a decade, remember the boyband of the late 80 and early 90s?

Yes, I think it's a fad, because I think it's doing better than it really deserves to. Same reason I think Ipod is a fad.

This.  Actually, truth be told, I can't stand floor lamps.  They're just gimmicks compared to the overhead light.  Floor lamps are fads.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
kingofwale said:

This. Actually, truth be told, I can't stand floor lamps. They're just gimmicks compared to the overhead light. Floor lamps are fads.

did I say anything about me "can't stand"? or the fact it's "gimmicky"???

All I said was, it is doing better than it deserves to be. hence, the sales is not driven by quality, but by hype. Same goes with boybands and ipod

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I don't think that..

i never thoguht it was a fad.

kingofwale said:

How do you come to this conclusion?  Nintendo made a brilliant business decision and are seeing the rewards.  It deserves every sale it gets.