By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone here still think the Wii is a fad?

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:
Time to put up a new defense, kingofwale. "They broke through the second line!"

"Do you copy? Emergency maneuvers!"

So that's what they say, I was never able to understand it clearly and I always played with German subtitles.

Nah, he said it at the start of the level, when you first get on the scene. But his next line was about the last line, so...

Edit: if that makes any grammatical sense at all.

Around the Network

Question. 1 ) About right.
Question 2) no they made tons of moeny. jsut like the makers of billy bob the singing bass
Question 3.) yes.
Question 4. yes the wii is lame, most people have figured out how shallow the control scheme is by now and we can't believe people still buy it.
Question 5. it comes and goes but is now more accepted as mainstream.
Question 6. yes, still waiting for ROTW to fgiure it out.

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'

yes

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
RolStoppable said:
Hey Zen, could you interview me as well?

Questions incoming, very shortly.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

some people think its fad mostly sony fanboys

*cought* kingofwale *cought*

Around the Network
11ht11 said:

I don't remember thinking 360 is a fad.. hmmm, must be something else, then. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
11ht11 said:

I don't remember thinking 360 is a fad.. hmmm, must be something else, then. ;)

yeah its sony's consoles lol

popular back then ....................not so much now lol

If Wii is not a fad, why would so many morning news (nationwide or local) in US put it on the show? How many of those anchors play video games?

Nintendo is among the top 10 most valuable Japanese companies, alongside with Toyota, Canon, and Honda.
I wonder what more does it take for Nintendo to expand the Wii production line to meet the high demand in NA?
Why did Nintendo pump out so many of its flagship AAA titles for Wii in such short period of time?

Does Nintendo also think Wii is a fad?
Will Nintendo release its own HD console sooner than we think?
I have been wondering about that for quite awhile :)

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

@kingofwale. For you, 360 is dead, right?

Wii was a fad for me. Was really into it for 2 months, and haven't played any games on it for 10 months or so.

In a lot of ways you could call any console that has been dominant was a fad ... They're amazingly popular, their popularity is short lived (5 to 10 years), and their popularity is difficult to understand if you're looking at it from an analytical perspective.

Is the Wii more of a fad (or a worse fad) than the NES, SNES, Playstation or PS2? Nope ...