By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone here still think the Wii is a fad?

Str8knox said:
Wow, Sony fanboys from the bottom of the barrel. Losers like Kingofwale, Gearbox, ruibing. Leo-j will be here next. Man, I'm glad the Wii's numbers and popularity gets rubbed in the PS fanboys face.

reported..............

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Str8knox said:
Wow, Sony fanboys from the bottom of the barrel. Losers like Kingofwale, Gearbox, ruibing. Leo-j will be here next. Man, I'm glad the Wii's numbers and popularity gets rubbed in the PS fanboys face.

reported..............

I was thinking about doing that but was to lazy...D:

Former something....

it was never a fad.
Wiimote
Balance board
Wii Wheel

FTW!

A fad is something that many people are interested in for a short period of time. People were saying that the wii was a fad at it's launch, yet it is still selling like crazy 1 and a half years later.

Anyone who still says the wii is a fad now needs to get a reality check.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

ZenfoldorVGI said:
kingofwale said:
thekitchensink said:
kingofwale said:
Fad simply means Craze... a fad could last a decade, remember the boyband of the late 80 and early 90s?

Yes, I think it's a fad, because I think it's doing better than it really deserves to. Same reason I think Ipod is a fad.

This. Actually, truth be told, I can't stand floor lamps. They're just gimmicks compared to the overhead light. Floor lamps are fads.

did I say anything about me "can't stand"? or the fact it's "gimmicky"???

All I said was, it is doing better than it deserves to be. hence, the sales is not driven by quality, but by hype. Same goes with boybands and ipod

Question. Is the Playstation 3 doing better or worse than it "deserves" to do, according to your preception?

Question 2. Did Nintendo make a mistake, taking a chance at making a change in gaming?

Question 3. Is the DS also doing better than it deserves to be doing?

Question 4. Are you biased against the Wii or the DS for any reason, or are you biased for Sony?

Question 5. Do you believe that gaming is a fad?

Question 6. Did you think the Wii WOULD be a fad early on, and in that meaning, did you think its sales would die off rather quickly?

@OP

The answer to your question, you already wrote in your topic called, "Why do we hate n00bs on the internet" or some such jargon. Found here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=32501

Answering questions like "Yes the Wii is a fad no matter how much it sells" is why.

hmm, missed this one.

1. PS3 is selling like it should, it's High Price is holding it back, time will tell. So, the answer is. No, it's not undersold, nor is it 'hyped'

2. Did Nintendo make a mistake? there's no such thing as 0 mistakes, but profitablity means success

3.. Yes

4.. This topic isn't even about Sony, I suppose it speaks more about yourself than me.

5... I believe certain type of gaming is fad. Mini games and FPS to list 2 examples

6... define "die off quickly".. do you mean 2 years? or 4? No, it is unlikely to die off quickly.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Man. I was thinking of posting something in this thread, but honestly the thread just went to hell.

We had kingofwale say the Wii doesn't "deserve its sales. Who are you to determine what deserves anything? We had Str8knox, yet again, have another blatant explosion. (ban was needed this 2nd time.) We then had a bunch of biased people against the Wii come in and say "yes."

Captain Twig, if you weren't planning on having a failed thread, the plan itself has failed.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

I think it is a fad.... this generation
Lets see how well nintendo does next gen.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

kingofwale said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Question. Is the Playstation 3 doing better or worse than it "deserves" to do, according to your preception?

Question 2. Did Nintendo make a mistake, taking a chance at making a change in gaming?

Question 3. Is the DS also doing better than it deserves to be doing?

Question 4. Are you biased against the Wii or the DS for any reason, or are you biased for Sony?

Question 5. Do you believe that gaming is a fad?

Question 6. Did you think the Wii WOULD be a fad early on, and in that meaning, did you think its sales would die off rather quickly?

hmm, missed this one.

1. PS3 is selling like it should, it's High Price is holding it back, time will tell. So, the answer is. No, it's not undersold, nor is it 'hyped'

2. Did Nintendo make a mistake? there's no such thing as 0 mistakes, but profitablity means success

3.. Yes

4.. This topic isn't even about Sony, I suppose it speaks more about yourself than me.

5... I believe certain type of gaming is fad. Mini games and FPS to list 2 examples

6... define "die off quickly".. do you mean 2 years? or 4? No, it is unlikely to die off quickly.

care to explaine why?

It's definitely a fad. Once the next Nintendo console comes out in five years, Wii will only JUST outsell PS3 and 360 combined weekly, instead of regularly doubling them.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

flamebait thread like sc said even if its not intentional @OP how did you really expect this topic to turn out? this thread=fail along with some users in it