By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone here still think the Wii is a fad?

Soriku said:
kingofwale said:
thekitchensink said:
kingofwale said:
Fad simply means Craze... a fad could last a decade, remember the boyband of the late 80 and early 90s?

Yes, I think it's a fad, because I think it's doing better than it really deserves to. Same reason I think Ipod is a fad.

This. Actually, truth be told, I can't stand floor lamps. They're just gimmicks compared to the overhead light. Floor lamps are fads.

did I say anything about me "can't stand"? or the fact it's "gimmicky"???

All I said was, it is doing better than it deserves to be. hence, the sales is not driven by quality, but by hype. Same goes with boybands and ipod

So are you telling me nobody's buying a Wii for games, rather they're buying it for hype? >_>

did I say "nobody"?? I said it's selling better than it deserves to be. Certain there are people who bought it out of hypes, I'm not going to deny that.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

kingofwale, you forgot to add the part where you say "in my opinion", when something is a fad people do the ultimate thing, they assess value, how they do this is by measuring quality and use - then here comes that ultimate thing I was talking about: The sum the value up from the above two and invest money into that "fad".

In otherwords more people think the Wii is worth more than the PS360 strictly from the sales numbers.

Note: I'm not saying PS360 is worth less - like wise the PS360 is worth err wait nvm.. those guys keep asking for price cuts >.>

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Those who think it have been crack smokers most of their life.

(a.k.a. Leo-j.)

whatever said:
kingofwale said:
Fad simply means Craze... a fad could last a decade, remember the boyband of the late 80 and early 90s?

Yes, I think it's a fad, because I think it's doing better than it really deserves to. Same reason I think Ipod is a fad.

How do you come to this conclusion? Nintendo made a brilliant business decision and are seeing the rewards. It deserves every sale it gets.

"I don't like it, so it shouldn't sell well. It is selling well. Therefore, it is selling better than it really deserves to."

C'mon Whatever, you gotta keep up with the program, man!

noname2200 said:
whatever said:
kingofwale said:

How do you come to this conclusion? Nintendo made a brilliant business decision and are seeing the rewards. It deserves every sale it gets.

"I don't like it, so it shouldn't sell well. It is selling well. Therefore, it is selling better than it really deserves to."

C'mon Whatever, you gotta keep up with the program, man!

Thanks for setting me straight!  I just wasn't thinking clearly.

Around the Network

I did say put "in my opinion" the rhetoric would prevent half the quotes X.x.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

its a fad, like the PS1, PS2, SNES,, NES, and Atari.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

dib8rman said:
kingofwale, you forgot to add the part where you say "in my opinion", when something is a fad people do the ultimate thing, they assess value, how they do this is by measuring quality and use - then here comes that ultimate thing I was talking about: The sum the value up from the above two and invest money into that "fad".

In otherwords more people think the Wii is worth more than the PS360 strictly from the sales numbers.

Note: I'm not saying PS360 is worth less - like wise the PS360 is worth err wait nvm.. those guys keep asking for price cuts >.>

Well, the topic did mention "think".. so I assume it was a place where people can express their opinion freely...

I suppose I forgot the part where it said "If you don't agree with Wii being awesome, we will bite your head off".

Yes, my opinion is of my own, and I stand by it. Do NOT put words in my month, especially you know that people bought Wii out of hype. I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't deserve all the money (in fact, I think they deserve every penny), but if you just look at Wii itself, it does not deserve the sales number it's enjoying right now.

in fact, nothing deserves still be selling out close to 2 year anniversary.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
ssj12 said:
its a fad, like the PS1, PS2, SNES,, NES, and Atari.

Though you may not know me and I may not know you.  This comment makes you a man after my own heart.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Yes, it's a fad. Wii was designed to be a fad for casual game players and it succeeded.

Honestly I think Nintendo Wii is likely to sell the most consoles this entire generation.

Due to the fact that it's a successful fad, and cheap, compared to Xbox360 and PS3.

I also honestly believe Nintendo is selling Wiis for far more than they're worth.

I bet they could be sold for $99.99 without a loss to Nintendo.