By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo at E3. Not talking about Halo Wars either.

badgenome said:
baph72 said:

I was replying to the two things that those guys say in their signatures.  One says that the 360 will be selling 12,000 consoles a week steadily in Japan and the other says the Elite will be getting a blu-ray.  If the 360 gets a blu-ray drive for gaming purposes, they will have to give up something to do so.  Ie. put Halo on PS3 because Sony created blu-ray.

"WTF does that first statement have to do with this topic?  The Japs do not like Halo anyway so this is obviously not aimed at them.  Secondly the 360 will never get a blu-ray drive and Halo will NEVER go to PS because M$ owns it.

Let me reiterate that we have next to no information about this title and can only speculate as to what format it will take. "

Firstly, Sony isn't the sole creator or owner of Blu-Ray. Secondly, I didn't realize you were the one who determined what a company would have to "give up" in order to use Blu-Ray. Thirdly, Blu-Ray is still a struggling format that could still conceivably die in the cradle, so I think Sony, Pioneer, et al would all just be happy to see another company supporting the format.

Good point but can we please stick to the OT.  And the disk drives have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Around the Network
baph72 said:

Peter Jackson is not in Hideo Kojima's league. 

They sure aren't in the same league.

Peter Jackson's LOTR: Return of the King made $2,000 million in revenue at the box office + DVD-sales.

Kojima's MGS4 will make $250 million tops.

The PS3 will pass the 360 in worldwide sales in Spring 2009, and it will pass the Wii during the Christmas 2010 season.

Back to Halo Chronicles. I think it will be a story about the Fall of Reach. Which could be pretty bad ass.

baph72 said:
The PS3 will pass the 360 in worldwide sales in Spring 2009, and it will pass the Wii during the Christmas 2010 season.

Sure, whatever. Post on topic or don't post. This is a warning.

Around the Network

Halo Chronicles is going to suck. It will never be equal to MGS 4. 'Nuff said. This is just a half-a**ed pr attempt to steal some of the PS3's thunder anyway. There will be no Halo Chronicles at E3 and if there is it will just come in the form of a side comment that it's going to be on the next xbox which is releasing in late 2009 or 2010.

baph72 said:
Halo Chronicles is going to suck. It will never be equal to MGS 4. 'Nuff said. This is just a half-a**ed pr attempt to steal some of the PS3's thunder anyway. There will be no Halo Chronicles at E3 and if there is it will just come in the form of a side comment that it's going to be on the next xbox which is releasing in late 2009 or 2010.

WTF are you talking about?  Steal some of PS3's thunder?  The game is coming to 360 and it has been announced for a VERY long time.  It isn't something that just came up to 'steal thunder'.  Please leave this thread if you have nothing to contribute.

A warning? What going to block me and make me have to go get a new name like baph666 or baph775 or something?

I'll leave this time and I guess we'll see whether it really is announced at E3. I predict it won't be. And, I've looked at that Sarcastic Gamer site, and it is very much just a pro XBOX site.

Joke or not, Halo in the name of a game will sell software/hardware.

As far as saying Kojima owns Peter Jackson ... uh, yeah. What has Kojima done to earn even one Oscar nod? Please, drop the pimp juice.

And the statement about MGS4 besting Shakespeare - or Harry Potter creaming old school literature? ROTFLMBO!!!!! What I find disturbing is ... these comments/views are coming from just one side of the room.

Please, I beg you, continue to spew the insanity and show folks that loving one console will produce delusions in other realms of reality.