By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo at E3. Not talking about Halo Wars either.

Yeah come on DTG you cant be serious. Kojima better director than Jackson? If MGS4 was a film(which it is basically like 4 films with okish gameplay segments) it would get ike 3/10 from film critics. Ive only seen 8 hours of the game but even then the dialogue choice is dire and from what others say later in the game the cutscenes drival gets hard to bear. Jacksons films have all been amazing. LOTR was absolutely awesome, the only way the books could have been portrayed on screen. He also took King Kong and made a classic better. I have no doubt Jackson will use some awesome film techniques within the games storytelling we have never seen before in gaming.

Around the Network

So it is not referring to Halo Wars, that will be out soon.
Halo Chronicles? Halo Lego game? Halo 4?
I wonder which game it will be?

It's rumoured to be Halo 4. Holy crap, if God of War 3, Team ICO's next game, Syphon Filter and Halo 4 are all shown at E3........well, it'll be a damn good E3.

kowenicki said:
DTG said:
i love xbox360 said:
Gazz said:
Good luck trying to beat MGS4 then. Raising the bar high as far as game/cimematics go I see. looking at halo 3 they have a long way to go with getting graphics even close to as good as they are in MGS4 so good luck developing this game for 3 years or more if they can find staff as experienced as the ones that worked on MGS.

Anyway, a little ambition is a good thing so thumbs up.

halo already beat mgs4 look at the sales

That's like saying that the Harry Potter books have beat Shakespeare because they've sold more. They are completely different games, one is for mass entertainment and the other is more high concept and aren't to be compared in terms of sales just like you wouldn't compare the works of JK Rowling to that of Shakespeare.

So you think Harry Potter has sold more than shakespeare... very unlikely! and Shakespeare is/was mass market... its just from a different time.

Not highly unlikely. Absolutely incorrect.

Anyone even remotely excited about this can never hate on MGS4 again.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Anyone even remotely excited about this can never hate on MGS4 again.

Depends on how long the cut-scenes are........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This entire paragraph is just an attempt to downplay the PS3 and MGS  4.

For starters, Halo Chronicles if it is even shown at E3 is not going to be better than MGS 4.  Secondly, Peter Jackson is not obviously a better director than Hideo Kojima.  He's just an old f*t b*st*rd whose new films, much like M. Night Shymalan's, always turtn out worse than the ones that came before.  If John Woo's Strangehold isn't as good as MGS 4, then there is no way that Peter Jackson's Halo Chronicles would be any better either.

"Their sources said if MGS4 is looked at as the start of fusing cinema and gaming together then Halo Chronicles certainly perfects it. They confirmed ( although we should take with a pinch of salt till E3) that  the same cgi and graphics team that workd on  LOTR trilogy films and  the  Halo 3 trailer below are  working on  the graphics.  And with world reknowned  Director Peter Jackson doing the entire dialogue and  cutscenes himself, without a doubt will be  a fusion to behold.  Lastly they mentioned  that the source  had said it is heavily cutscened  like MGS4. So will probably be more for fans, although Peter Jackson is obviously are far better director than Kojima."

This is gonna rock ass. I love Peter Jackson's style. I love the Frighteners, I love LOTR, King Kong was a little bit of an embellishment but very well done, and I love Halo. This should rock hard.

The 360 just doesn't have what it takes to make a long cinematic game in the blu-ray era. MGS 4 takes up all of the space on 1.5 blu-ray discs. That is about 8 times more space than is available on a 360 disc. Itagaki said that one of the things that he was most unhappy with about the 360 was that it didn't have a high-def optical drive so that he could put the quality of cinemas that he wanted to in his 360 games. Just look at the cinemas in Gears of War, they are all short. So unless Halo Chronicles is going to be on 4 to 5 discs it's just not going to be that great and the cinematic quality would still be compressed to a much higher degree than they would be in a similar game that was on a high-def optical storage medium, so they won't be all that impressive. Finally, the story in Halo is just not that interesting and judging by his work on King Kong, Jackson simply lacks the ability to take stories and make them any better than they already are.

Just another game that only xbots are going to get overly excited about for the 360. I know you guys believe that it does, but the 360 really doesn't have the ability to make golden t*rds fall from the sky.

baph72 said:

This entire paragraph is just an attempt to downplay the PS3 and MGS  4.

For starters, Halo Chronicles if it is even shown at E3 is not going to be better than MGS 4.  Secondly, Peter Jackson is not obviously a better director than Hideo Kojima.  He's just an old f*t b*st*rd whose new films, much like M. Night Shymalan's, always turtn out worse than the ones that came before.  If John Woo's Strangehold isn't as good as MGS 4, then there is no way that Peter Jackson's Halo Chronicles would be any better either.

"Their sources said if MGS4 is looked at as the start of fusing cinema and gaming together then Halo Chronicles certainly perfects it. They confirmed ( although we should take with a pinch of salt till E3) that  the same cgi and graphics team that workd on  LOTR trilogy films and  the  Halo 3 trailer below are  working on  the graphics.  And with world reknowned  Director Peter Jackson doing the entire dialogue and  cutscenes himself, without a doubt will be  a fusion to behold.  Lastly they mentioned  that the source  had said it is heavily cutscened  like MGS4. So will probably be more for fans, although Peter Jackson is obviously are far better director than Kojima."

How the hell can you know, have you already played it?

Peter Jackson is a great director. There is no doubt about it. Kojima is just not in his league.

@topic:

I am a big Halo fan, but I don't know anything about chronicles. How will this look like? is it a regular game, is it a series? Is it distributed via live? Is the story connected to Halo 1-3

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...