By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo at E3. Not talking about Halo Wars either.

Support net neutralility or get off the net, bongo-bongo.

Around the Network
madskillz said:
Joke or not, Halo in the name of a game will sell software/hardware.

As far as saying Kojima owns Peter Jackson ... uh, yeah. What has Kojima done to earn even one Oscar nod? Please, drop the pimp juice.

And the statement about MGS4 besting Shakespeare - or Harry Potter creaming old school literature? ROTFLMBO!!!!! What I find disturbing is ... these comments/views are coming from just one side of the room.

Please, I beg you, continue to spew the insanity and show folks that loving one console will produce delusions in other realms of reality.

Nicely put sir.  As for the game, I am curious as to what genre it would fit in?  Are they going FP or TP.  Any guess is as good as mine.

JaggedSac said:
madskillz said:
Joke or not, Halo in the name of a game will sell software/hardware.

As far as saying Kojima owns Peter Jackson ... uh, yeah. What has Kojima done to earn even one Oscar nod? Please, drop the pimp juice.

And the statement about MGS4 besting Shakespeare - or Harry Potter creaming old school literature? ROTFLMBO!!!!! What I find disturbing is ... these comments/views are coming from just one side of the room.

Please, I beg you, continue to spew the insanity and show folks that loving one console will produce delusions in other realms of reality.

Nicely put sir.  As for the game, I am curious as to what genre it would fit in?  Are they going FP or TP.  Any guess is as good as mine.

I am not sure. It could be a rumor, it could be an FPS or TP, or it could be something totally different. A trump card MS was holding. Who knows? Or ... they coulda had Bungie or another studio working on it like Activision did with Call of Duty 3 and 4. I am curious to see what it is.

baph777666 said:
Support net neutralility or get off the net, bongo-bongo.

Dude, enjoy your second ban. The mods should ban you for much, much longer. Take a timeout and just CHILL, son.

I am very interested in what Pete has been working on with this. Maybe he will create some sort of new genre or a blend of genres.

Around the Network

I'm very intrigued over what Peter Jackson can do with this but you have to admit, like King Kong, Peter has an easy start. The frame-work of what Halo is about is already there, and I'm sure that there are some people that will buy this game, just because of the "Halo" name, but whether or not I buy it will be the actual game. Which, if Bungie isn't developing the game, may leave much to be desired. Is PJ developing the game? If so, has he developed one before? FPS, TPS? Still Starring Master Chief? There are far too many questions to be excited about anything just yet.

^^There is no information about anything. Pete is most likely just providing story arc, cutscenes, gameplay ideas, etc and leaving the actual development to professional developers.

How can you guys brag about whether Kojima or Jackson is a better director? They are in a different industry, you can´t directly compare them, just like you can´t compare an author with a movie director. Spielberg made Boom blox which sold terribly, does this mean he sucks? Hell no!

Yes, Kojima and Jackson are in a different league. The latter is involved in an entertainment industry that´s a lot older and generates a lot more revenue, that´s it. Just like books are much older and their sales revenues are higher than those of movies. Deducing out this fact, for instance, that Rowling>Jackson>Kojima is plain stupid and fanboyish.

Kojima and Jackson makes very different types of.. cinematic experiences. Saying one is better than the other is up to your own personal preference.
But you can't say that because Peter Jackson is directing that it will be better than MGS4 seing as how he has no experience in video games and the fact that it's a completely different genre of games.

On the other hand you can say that Kojima could make great movies (theoretically) because he has a lot of cinematic experience with mgs. Personally though, i wouldn't watch a 26hour long movie. And i think that Kojima would have problems with cutting the movie right (since it shouldn't be more than.. 3 hours at the most) which could end up delivering a poor product.

In either case both are in many ways inexperienced in these fields that you try to proclaim them "better than the other guy" in.. I say, wait and see what happens lol.

I can understand xbox fans enthusiasm. Personally, I'm not much for Halo from what limited experience i have with it.

Check out my game about moles ^

^^Yep we agree, that is why we went back to the OT.