By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo at E3. Not talking about Halo Wars either.

We do not know in what shape or format this is going to be coming at us. The assumption that it will be cutscene driven like MGS4 is completely speculative. There is next to nothing known about this game and until there is there should really be no arguing about disk sizes. I am pretty sure that they will make an amazing experience. WETA is awesome, Jackson is awesome, and Halo is awesome.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
Anyone even remotely excited about this can never hate on MGS4 again.

Depends on how long the cut-scenes are........

How long was Lord of the Rings again...?

Also - I'm sure that Peter Jackson was hired to make 5 minute long cutscenes.

Also, the 360 won't be selling 12,000 consoles a week in Japan in this console generation. It has been out close to 3 years already over there and only managed to sell 0.65 million consoles there while the PS3 has only been out close to two years and already sold over 2 million consoles there.

Secondly, if the 360 gets a blu-ray drive for gaming, then Halo Chronicles and the other Halo Games and Gears of War I & II will be coming to PS3.

baph72 said:
Also, the 360 won't be selling 12,000 consoles a week in Japan in this console geeration. It has been out close to 3 years already over there and only managed to sell 6.5 million consoles there while the PS3 has only been out close to two years and already sold over 2 million consoles there.

Secondly, if the 360 gets a blu-ray drive for gaming, then Halo Chronicles and the other Halo Games and Gears of War I & II will be coming to PS3.

WTF does that first statement have to do with this topic?  The Japs do not like Halo anyway so this is obviously not aimed at them.  Secondly the 360 will never get a blu-ray drive and Halo will NEVER go to PS because M$ owns it.

Let me reiterate that we have next to no information about this title and can only speculate as to what format it will take. 

Peter Jackson is not in Hideo Kojima's league.  Hideo's works are much more serious in tone and theme than anything Jackson has ever done.  And Jackson hasn't really done anything of his own since Meet The Feebles and Dead Alive.  Other than those two films which were made 15 years ago, his reputation rests solidly on the laurels of others.

Around the Network

^^So only movies written by the director should be considered. What about There Will Be Blood, No Country For Old Men, any of Eastwood's latest? All of those are based on books. Saying Jackson is not in Hideo's league is completely ridiculous. COMPLETELY.

And what about Jackson's Heavenly Creatures.  That is serious.

I was replying to the two things that those guys say in their signatures.  One says that the 360 will be selling 12,000 consoles a week steadily in Japan and the other says the Elite will be getting a blu-ray.  If the 360 gets a blu-ray drive for gaming purposes, they will have to give up something to do so.  Ie. put Halo on PS3 because Sony created blu-ray.

"WTF does that first statement have to do with this topic?  The Japs do not like Halo anyway so this is obviously not aimed at them.  Secondly the 360 will never get a blu-ray drive and Halo will NEVER go to PS because M$ owns it.

Let me reiterate that we have next to no information about this title and can only speculate as to what format it will take. "

No, he didn't.  Almost all film critics say that the original is by far still the better King Kong, and in time Jackson's version is going to be remembered even less fondly than the De Laurentis version from the seventies.  Also Jackson's King Kong was a flop at the box office.  Initial projections said it would be the biggest film of all time and bring in a bigger gross than Titanic, and it totally failed to do so.  I don't even think it passed 300,000 million in its initial theatrical run.  Jackson is done.  And no Kojima.

"the only way the books could have been portrayed on screen. He also took King Kong and made a classic better."

Actually King Kong made $550,517,357 worldwide. More than making up for its budget and that is before the home video release. It was not a bomb, it was definitely lower than expectations but it still was a financially successful movie. Regardless of King Kong(in which could have been immensly better if he had shaved off lots of the run time) he is a great director of entertainment. He has great sensibilities when it comes to action and is not pretentious. He is just plain great.

baph72 said:

I was replying to the two things that those guys say in their signatures.  One says that the 360 will be selling 12,000 consoles a week steadily in Japan and the other says the Elite will be getting a blu-ray.  If the 360 gets a blu-ray drive for gaming purposes, they will have to give up something to do so.  Ie. put Halo on PS3 because Sony created blu-ray.

"WTF does that first statement have to do with this topic?  The Japs do not like Halo anyway so this is obviously not aimed at them.  Secondly the 360 will never get a blu-ray drive and Halo will NEVER go to PS because M$ owns it.

Let me reiterate that we have next to no information about this title and can only speculate as to what format it will take. "

Firstly, Sony isn't the sole creator or owner of Blu-Ray. Secondly, I didn't realize you were the one who determined what a company would have to "give up" in order to use Blu-Ray. Thirdly, Blu-Ray is still a struggling format that could still conceivably die in the cradle, so I think Sony, Pioneer, et al would all just be happy to see another company supporting the format.