By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton says Wii owners must graduate to PS3.

Stats87 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Graduate to a PS3? That's laughable. The system has nothing worth playing that I can't get on 360 or Wii. I mean why would I fork over $500 for a system with 360 hand me downs and no RPGS?

A person with a Good PC and no interest in RPG's (despite the fact LO and BD are good, but not great) could say the same thing about the 360.

If I had to choose, I'd sell my 360 way before I ever sold my PS3.

Yes but the PS3 lineup has regressed from the PS2 and PS1's. The 360 and the PS3 have regressed from what a console should be. Patches, updates, and required installs....if they get any closer to PCs we all should just get PCs instead of either of them.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Graduate to a PS3? That's laughable. The system has nothing worth playing that I can't get on 360 or Wii. I mean why would I fork over $500 for a system with 360 hand me downs and no RPGS?

1: Millions of gamers disagree with that view.

2: You can get one for $399.

3: That was the case about a year ago. See current reviews of multiplatforms to understand why that is no longer really the case.

4: Folklore.

Dallinor said:
Darc Requiem said:

1: Millions of gamers disagree with that view.

2: You can get one for $399.

3: That was the case about a year ago. See current reviews of multiplatforms to understand why that is no longer really the case.

4: Folklore.

1. I'm not one of them.

2. I'm not forking over my cash for a gimped console with reduced functionality

3. I already have a 360, why would I spend $500 on a system to play games I can already purchase.

4. One game, why would I buy a console for one game when I have any number of RPGs on the system I already own. Even the Wii, which I also own, is getting into the RPG act at faster rate than the PS3.

The simple fact of the matter is if I had chosen to get a PS3. I'd still have had to buy 360 to get my hands on the RPGs I require. The majority of my 360 lineup either isn't available on PS3 or didn't become available until well after the 360 version was released. I have 26 games for my 360 only four of those games (Madden 07, Madden 08, GTA4, Marvel Ultimate Alliance) were same day release for the PS3. Six of the games hit the 360 long before their PS3 versions (F.E.A.R., Oblivion, Bioshock [not released for PS3 yet], Eternal Sonata [not released for PS3 yet], Fight Night Round 3, and Enchanted Arms.) Only one of them, Virtua Fighter 5, was released on PS3 first. That means nearly 60%, 15 out of 26, of my 360 games are games I wouldn't have been able to get for PS3.

cyclone87 said:
I already have a PS3. I've been tempted to buy a Wii lately but then I remember the games I want are already on my N64.

lol same.

cyclone87 said:
I already have a PS3. I've been tempted to buy a Wii lately but then I remember the games I want are already on my N64.

I already have a wii. I've been tempted to buy a PS3 lately but then I remember the games I want are already on the ps2, ps1, psp.

Around the Network
11ht11 said:
cyclone87 said:

I already have a wii. I've been tempted to buy a PS3 lately but then I remember the games I want are already on the ps2, ps1, psp.

Fight trolling with more trolling, that's a good way to go.

Baddman said:
stupid thread this should be locked

Instead of saying it should be locked, how about actually reporting it.

Aj_habfan said:
11ht11 said:
cyclone87 said:

Fight trolling with more trolling, that's a good way to go.

trolling? this is a joke thread so im just joking around!

Darc Requiem said:

1. I'm not one of them.

2. I'm not forking over my cash for a gimped console with reduced functionality

3. I already have a 360, why would I spend $500 on a system to play games I can already purchase.

4. One game, why would I buy a console for one game when I have any number of RPGs on the system I already own. Even the Wii, which I also own, is getting into the RPG act at faster rate than the PS3.

The simple fact of the matter is if I had chosen to get a PS3. I'd still have had to buy 360 to get my hands on the RPGs I require. The majority of my 360 lineup either isn't available on PS3 or didn't available until well after the 360 version was released. I have 26 games for my 360 only four of those games (Madden 07, Madden 08, GTA4, Marvel Ultimate Alliance) were same day release for the PS3. Six of the games hit the 360 long before their PS3 versions (F.E.A.R., Oblivion, Bioshock [not released for PS3 yet], Eternal Sonata [not released for PS3 yet], Fight Night Round 3, and Enchanted Arms.) Only one of them, Virtua Fighter 5, was released on PS3 first. That means nearly 60%, 15 out of 26, of my 360 games are games I wouldn't have been able to get for PS3.

relax. this thread isn't serious.

not a good place for you to start your essay.

Despite the fact that this thread is a joke, one aspect of the console war is fanboys arguing over which console people should "upgrade" to when they decide to buy a second console.

1. I don't know any Wii owners who feel they are getting less of experience by only having a Wii. The people I know who have the Wii are very happy with their console and have no plans to have a second console or make a decision as to which other machine they should have as well in order to have a "real" gaming system.

2. This is just another level of stupidity in the fanboy arguing.

"Wii owners should buy MY console of choice!!"
"No, Wii owners should buy MY console of choice!!"

It's so absolutely ridiculous. There are good reasons to own any of the three consoles this generation. As far as the end user, it's not going to matter which one "loses" and there will probably not be a clear "loser" anyway. Each company will make the numbers look like they won the console war. They have people they pay to do that. They're called statisticians and accountants.

From what I can tell, Wii owners are perfectly happy playing the console they already own, and in my opinion have no real reason to even care about the console war. Much like the rest of us.