By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton says Wii owners must graduate to PS3.

celine said:
"If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1200 bucks for it."
- Jack Tretton , January 2007

If he had kept to that promise Sony would be bankrupt because they would have bought all their stock back =D

Around the Network

Either some people are replying without even reading the original post...

or

their reading comprehension sucks

pimpcoop said:
what an ass for saying that! They just want sales so bad that they will say anything!

It sounds like he was pleading. How's that being an ass?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

stupid thread this should be locked

Diomedes1976 said:
Some differences ,tough.

PS2 did sell third party software like hotcakes.Wii doesnt.

PS2 was the weakest technically but at least it was in the same league as the Cube and Xbox(look at the RE4 port for example).Wii isnt in the same league as the PS3 and 360 ,it cant even try to port their games.

PS2 had in quantity and arguably in quality the best games of the generation.Wii has the worst lineup hands down , quick look at metacritic or gamerankings is more than enough to see that.And this wont change.

And it's the fastest selling videogame console in history. :P

Your bitterness and trolling comments are already old, please come up with a new one, we are out of Bingo boards.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Graduate to a PS3? That's laughable. The system has nothing worth playing that I can't get on 360 or Wii. I mean why would I fork over $500 for a system with 360 hand me downs and no RPGS?

A person with a Good PC and no interest in RPG's (despite the fact LO and BD are good, but not great) could say the same thing about the 360.

If I had to choose, I'd sell my 360 way before I ever sold my PS3.

Diomedes1976 said:
Some differences ,tough.

PS2 did sell third party software like hotcakes.Wii doesnt.

PS2 was the weakest technically but at least it was in the same league as the Cube and Xbox(look at the RE4 port for example).Wii isnt in the same league as the PS3 and 360 ,it cant even try to port their games.

PS2 had in quantity and arguably in quality the best games of the generation.Wii has the worst lineup hands down , quick look at metacritic or gamerankings is more than enough to see that.And this wont change.

Oh my misguided one.

The PS2 had 39 games with a Gamerankings score of less than 50. The Wii only has 6.

As the Wii line-up is getting stronger as wise third-party developers realize it is taking the market -- something that no one could have predicted -- and how to take advantage of its unique capabilities.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

i will buy a ps3 soon (by christmas)
the only next gen console i want
:)

I will buy a PS3.... when I find a convincing flow of games

yeah atleast now i wont be embarresed when i gradute to ps3

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"