By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton says Wii owners must graduate to PS3.

hahaha brill, i guess i will buy another ps3 to make it my third one

Around the Network

PS3 is the XBox of this generation ie the most technologically advanced console of its generation. Predicted to be second highest console of this generation by most analysts. Sony brand name and past history to sell consoles.

Wii is the PS2 of this generation ie the least technologically advanced console. Wii does not even play DVD's let alone Blu-Rays. Is the market leading console and will sell the most consoles. Enough said.

XBox 360 is the GameCube of this generation ie middle tier console in between the PS3 and the Wii in regards to technology Will be in a competitive third place. Primarily focusing on improved profitability.

Some differences ,tough.

PS2 did sell third party software like hotcakes.Wii doesnt.

PS2 was the weakest technically but at least it was in the same league as the Cube and Xbox(look at the RE4 port for example).Wii isnt in the same league as the PS3 and 360 ,it cant even try to port their games.

PS2 had in quantity and arguably in quality the best games of the generation.Wii has the worst lineup hands down , quick look at metacritic or gamerankings is more than enough to see that.And this wont change.

tuoyo said:
Jack Tretton says Wii owners must graduate to PS3.....

Or else they will die.

Die like this?

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

How dumb do you have to be to believe this?

there's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot

Around the Network

"If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1200 bucks for it."
- Jack Tretton , January 2007

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

So many serious replies to a joke thread, lol.

YoppaDo said:

I was thinking the same thing...some people here are jumping the gun without even asking for links and proofs.

JGarret said:
YoppaDo said:

I was thinking the same thing...some people here are jumping the gun without even asking for links and proofs.

Links... PROOFS? what on earth are you talking about..

This thread was started by the respectable Mr. KZ2, how could his post NOT be valid

tabsina said:
JGarret said:
YoppaDo said:

Links... PROOFS? what on earth are you talking about..

This thread was started by the respectable Mr. KZ2, how could his post NOT be valid

It's not valid because you cannot trust anyone on the internet, especially everyone

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison