By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most hardcore Nintendo franchises

Advance Wars and 2D Metroid.

Around the Network
Hyperion said:
@Onyxmeth

Don't know if you caught what I said, but I meant that a hc game is one that doesn't attract too many casuals and especially has a 'core following. I'd say the majority of people who bought TP had played at least 2 of the other Zelda games.

Who's to say who's a casual though? Where would you pull up the numbers to say who is a repeat Zelda buyer and who is a first time? Also wouldn't any game on earth that gets a sequel have some sort of core following? Even the Spiderman series of games based on the movies have a core that bought each game. Does that make them hardcore games too? Madden? The Sims? Guitar Hero? Dogz? Hamsterz?They all have core followings. So then Okami and No More Heroes wouldn't be hardcore because there hasn't been a sequel yet to see if it has a core audience.

You say people that bought Twilight Princess bought at least 2 other Zelda games but where are the statistics to back that up? If you're judging that based off internet forum posters, you should know a majority of the 5 or 6 million TP buyers are not on the internet.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Fire Emblem and Advance Wars are on the top of the list, I would say Zelda series as well and Metriod series.

Seems like your definition is the most difficult and/or technical games. My list would be:
1. Fire Emblem
2. F-Zero
3. Super Smash Brothers
4. Advance Wars
5. Metroid
6. Zelda

The classic 2D Marios fit this definition as well. Lost Levels is one of only a handful of my SNES games I didn't beat (I even managed to beat Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, but Lost Levels is impossible)

wfz said:
swyggi said:
I'd say:

1. Metroid Prime
2.Fire Emblem
3.Possibly Kid Icarus
4.Pokemon

Eh, that's all I can think of.

R.O.F.L

Pokemon!??!?!

I also saw Mario in there a few times. It seems that people really have different views on what a "hardcore" game is. It's about time we start making actual definitons for the "casual" and "hardcore" words, or better yet, throw them out altogether.

Pokemon is actually very hardcore if you get into it.

Around the Network

1.- Zelda
2.- Metroid
3.- Mario
4.- Smash Brothers
5.- Pokemon

Super Princess Peach
Nintendogs
Animal Crossing

Just like the color Pink for guys, youre the most hardcore if you can play anything, even if it is "girly" or uncool.

Real men wear pink. Real gamers play Animal Crossing.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

I agree but SSBB is the most competitive game thus it is the most hardcore Nintendo game (IMO).

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

zelda is a good game, but it isn't the most hardcore game nintendo has to offer.

Fire Emblem: The genre alone puts this on the top.
Smash Brothers: The most competitive multi-player game in gaming.
F-zero: the best gameplay for any racer.
metroid: this shit is hard.

All I can think of right now.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Never played Fire Emblem so...

1.SSB
2.Zelda
3.Metroid.

MK License

SSBB-2878-9454-7353. Main-Kirby        PM me if you want to be added.