By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most hardcore Nintendo franchises

no one considers mario platformers hardcore anymore?

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

*Never played Metroid*
1. Fire Emblem
2. F-Zero
3. Star Fox
4. Smash Bros.
5. The Legend of Zelda

Brawl FC: 2106-1814-5245

Why when people use the word "hardcore" for games against the Wii, Wii fans balk that there is no "hardcore" or "casual", just "upstream" and "downstream", but suddenly when asked in regards to the Wii games themselves there's suddenly a hardcore? What the hell is a hardcore game anyways? Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros. and Star Fox, among most others are cakewalks. I would give it up for Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and F-Zero because those games can be rather difficult at times, especially Fire Emblem if you decide you want to keep all your comrades and will accept nothing less.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

1. Fire Emblem
2. Metroid

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Onyxmeth said:

Why when people use the word "hardcore" for games against the Wii, Wii fans balk that there is no "hardcore" or "casual", just "upstream" and "downstream", but suddenly when asked in regards to the Wii games themselves there's suddenly a hardcore? What the hell is a hardcore game anyways? Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros. and Star Fox, among most others are cakewalks. I would give it up for Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and F-Zero because those games can be rather difficult at times, especially Fire Emblem if you decide you want to keep all your comrades and will accept nothing less.

Hardcore doesn't necessarily mean difficult. To me it means that a game will require a lot of your attention and time, will immerse you, and won't necessarily attract the 'cazualz'. That's how I see it. To me, hardcore=a game not many people would play (erm, the casualz), or has a following from people who have played games for years.

A game doesn't have to be hard to be 'hardcore.' But most have some challenge.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network
Hyperion said:
Onyxmeth said:

Hardcore doesn't necessarily mean difficult. To me it means that a game will require a lot of your attention and time, will immerse you, and won't necessarily attract the 'cazualz'. That's how I see it. To me, hardcore=a game not many people would play (erm, the casualz), or has a following from people who have played games for years.

A game doesn't have to be hard to be 'hardcore.' But most have some challenge.

If it meant a game not many people would play, then almost all Nintendo games should be disqualified from this, since most sell like hotcakes. That would definitely take Zelda out of contention.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

i would go with old 2d classic nintendo mario and metroid games and pokemon series. you can play petz games and you can be hardcore player(come on anyone who is able to stand 10 minutes playing any Z or Imagine game is a REAL HARD CORE GAMER). a person that can play one single game for 5-6 hours even if he played this game 8 times and still play it is a hardcore gamer. there aren't any hardcore games or casual games there are only games. it's up to you if you play cod 4 game casually or petz game in a hardcore way.

@Onyxmeth

Don't know if you caught what I said, but I meant that a hc game is one that doesn't attract too many casuals and especially has a 'core following. I'd say the majority of people who bought TP had played at least 2 of the other Zelda games.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

swyggi said:
I'd say:

1. Metroid Prime
2.Fire Emblem
3.Possibly Kid Icarus
4.Pokemon

Eh, that's all I can think of.

R.O.F.L

Pokemon!??!?!

I also saw Mario in there a few times. It seems that people really have different views on what a "hardcore" game is. It's about time we start making actual definitons for the "casual" and "hardcore" words, or better yet, throw them out altogether.

1. Fire Emblem

2. F-Zero

3. Metroid

4. Mario Kart

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger