By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most hardcore Nintendo franchises

So, I was wondering, how would you rank Nintendo's hard core franchises? One being the most hardcore, and the biggest number in your list being less hardcore (but still hc).

1. Fire Emblem-- *Radiant Dawn* (My god, you need patience for these games. Especially in Radiant Dawn Hard Mode...Wow, I've wasted at least 10 hours of just replaying levels because someone died. Hard mode is just brutal and unforgiving)

2. Metroid/ Metroid Prime --these games are undisputably 'hardcore'. Some said Prime 3 was Nintendo's way of making it more casual, but I don't think any casuals would enjoy playing the game in Hyper Mode.

3. Smash Bros.-- A franchise that lives to bring out the competitive side of people (at least me, anyway). I've spent dozens and dozens of hours playing Brawl to perfect my technique, but I'm positive that there are many people who pwn my face off.

4. The legend of Zelda-- These games may not be too difficult now, but there is just something about a dude in a green tunic weilding a sword and shield that just screams HARDCORE! Perhaps the only game that can make grown men squeal like schoolgirls.

There are other franchises that have a hardcore following, like Mario Kart and the Super Mario games (but I think it's split casual/core), etc., but I'm stoping here. It's up to you to make a more comprehensive list of Nintendo's most hardcore franchises.

Discuss

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

Fire Emblem is definitely tops. It's one of those games that if you're not crying fifteen minutes in, then it isn't trying hard enough to destroy your self esteem.

I agree with putting Metroid in at number two. Trying to get everything is difficult, not too mention the speed running that the game allows. 2D Metroid is particularly insane.

I'm a bit torn of Zelda. The to-down Zelda's were much, much harder to finish than the newer ones. I mean, it was possible to finish Ocarina, WW, and TP without too much effort compared to aLttP, which felt much more difficult. And Phantom Hourglass... aside from how annoying the constant backtracking was at the beginning, it wasn't really difficult, more frustratingly boring than anything else.

How could you put Fire emblem as the least hardcore of those? personally i'd put it at the top

My list:

1. Metroid
2. Smash bros
3. Legend of zelda
4. Fire emblem

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Metroid. (tho I never played Fire Emblem).

fire emblem
zelda
metroid
smash bros.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Around the Network
whacker41 said:
How could you put Fire emblem as the least hardcore of those? personally i'd put it at the top

My list:

1. Metroid
2. Smash bros
3. Legend of zelda
4. Fire emblem

You must've not read my words right. I said #1 being the most hardcore and the bigger number in your list (that is, #4 in yours) is less hardcore.

Anyway, we chose the same games. XD Are there any games we're missing?

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

1 zelda

2 smash bros

3 mario

4 metriod

this thread feels like another voting elimination game? and i never played fire emblem!

Do you mean me? I put Fire Emblem as the MOST hard core. As for Smash, I'm not so sure. I know it can be really, really hard core, but unlike Fire Emblem it doesn't have to be. You can enjoy it, for the most part and finish it, without crying yourself to sleep. If, however, you include getting to tournament standard, then yes, it's pretty hard core. Bleeding hands are about as core as you can get.

ive never played fire emblem
so for me its
metroid
smash bros
legend of zelda

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I'd say:

1. Metroid Prime
2.Fire Emblem
3.Possibly Kid Icarus
4.Pokemon

Eh, that's all I can think of.