By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (6/14)

In my books, the sales of NGS are terrible!

Its one of the best PS3 titles released - to date - most people in Japan have never played it, it got good scores (80% plus), and it ends a PS3 drought that has persisted for quite a while.

I was expecting double this... :(

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Maybe they got so used to there being no new games they didn't realize it was out. ;>

Maybe those numbers dont include preorders ?

Maybe the ps3 sucks and no one wants anything to do with it?

Is NGS considered geared towards the Japanese audience?

I don't think it is, and that might explain the "lower than expected sales". I didn't expect it to beat Trusty Bell though, so I'm not surprised.

Around the Network

sorry sorry
I thought it will be release on PS3 too

Time to Work !

About NGS not selling better you have to remember that alot of it's userbase is fake. Meaning that most of it's sales these days are people not buying games, just want a blu-ray player. That's why hardware has been doubling software for weeks on end. These people obviously have no inteniton on getting these games. So I really wouldn't go by by userbae.

I'm not sure why people keep picking individual games to turn the tides for the PS3. The PS and PS2 won their respective wars because of their superior library, not for individual games that were superior. There is a difference between winning off o fa big title here and ther (the sort of winning that N64 did) and winning because the library of games is bar none the best. If Sony is gonna win this war, it's going to be off of a ton of NGSs.

And I imagine if the PS3 gets a price cut this year, games like NGS are going to get a noticable boost from it. The PS3 is still selling as a Blu-Ray player, not a gaming system.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

I really doubt those Ninja Gaiden Sigma numbers. Even that PS2/PS3 release of that Pro Baseball Spirits sold that many copies. This game is pretty Japanese centric too. Given the drought of PS3 games, I really don't think that number can be right, even with the most gloomy prediction.

We should just wait for the Famitsu numbers.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
I really doubt those Ninja Gaiden Sigma numbers. Even that PS2/PS3 release of that Pro Baseball Spirits sold that many copies. This game is pretty Japanese centric too. Given the drought of PS3 games, I really don't think that number can be right, even with the most gloomy prediction.

We should just wait for the Famitsu numbers.

It's only the first day sales. The week numbers will be out next wed/thurs, and NGS will do better than 20k, obviously. But what were you expecting, and why do you consider this game Japanese centric?