By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (6/14)

Well, it is seemed that Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training bocomes top on next charts...

Trusty Bell (360) : about 30k

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) : about 20k

Call of Duty 3 (PS3) : about 8k

Console :

The sales effects of 360 by Trusty Bell is not bad. It of PS3 by Ninja Gaiden Sigma is seemed small.

Shinobi says (it is free translation),

"I'd like to see the dead heat of the sales of PS3 and 360."

Source : http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

That is quite low for both consoles, does japanese people buy games on fridays? :D

Seems about right, I think both will break 50k over the week which is good for 360 and PS3 games in japan.

Edit: your link doesn't work. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Just about where I expected Trusty Bell to be after first day. That's incredibly strong, as Blue Dragon sold 43,000 units day-one.

However, I wonder if the bundles were counted in the 30k number. Is that a rough estimate, or is it actually 30k?

Either way, we're probably looking at:

Trusty Bell: 62.5k
Ninja Gaiden Sigma: 42.5k
Call of Duty 3: 13k

I'm thinking that the 360 might beat the PS3 for the week, if it's true that NGS didn't move much H/W. Most likely, it'll be the 360 with 15k h/w units, and PS3 with around 11.5k

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Just about where I expected Trusty Bell to be after first day. That's incredibly strong, as Blue Dragon sold 43,000 units day-one.

However, I wonder if the bundles were counted in the 30k number. Is that a rough estimate, or is it actually 30k?

I'm thinking that the 360 might beat the PS3 for the week, if it's true that NGS didn't move much H/W. Most likely, it'll be the 360 with 15k h/w units, and PS3 with around 11.5k

I think it's more likely that 360 owners picked up Trusty Bell day 1 while PS3 owners will pick up more NGS during the week considering that most 360 owners there are pretty hardcore devotees.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

Probably the sales of bundle are included in 30k.

From the tendency of the sales, both aren't expected  the significant increase of sales...

I expect, 

Trusty Bell : 45~50k

Ninja Gaiden Sigma : 30~35k

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Oh dear... so the onslaught starts with NGS...

First week at that number and it's one of the biggest games of the year in Japan for PS3??? That is  BAD! No other way to see it.  Hardware sales changing much?

Trusty Bell is way below what I expected as well, especially with the quality of the game.

Additionally,

30k of Trusty Bell is the 4th largest sales of first-day on 360.

20k of Ninja gaiden Sigma is the 4th largest sales of first-day on PS3.

com on,

Trusty bell is suppose to be released on PS3 too
and ninja gaiden is a remake

just wait "everybody's golf" ...

Time to Work !

RE4 for the Wii with more then the double hardware sold 50k first week. Let us see next week how much they sold.