By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP vs Banjo Nuts and Bolts

Think LBP will sell better

Around the Network

LBP as Banjo isn't likely to sell good imo.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I'm guessing LBP with banjo not far behind

I think LBP will sell more.

LBP will but Banjo will do well too

Around the Network

LBP

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I'm going to tentatively say LBP, but I'll wait till after E3 for my final answer

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

LBP

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I don't expect either to do particularly well ...

First off they're both games which (in style) are targeting a userbase which doesn't exist on these systems; most games on these platforms that have been successful are shooters, or are racing/sports games. Beyond that they both are new takes on existing genres which is an approach which had lead to countless games which have failed to sell well ... as sad as it may be, most people want to play a slightly improved version of the game they enjoyed last year.

The problem with Nuts & Bolts is that it failed to garner its hoped as image as a sequel to Tooie and will instead look like some kind of spinoff. I'm not sure how other games in the series have done (we have data for Tooie and Kazooie but not the GBA games), but it's likely they didn't do as well as the main series.

Heck, the only Rare game to sell a million on its own (and not with bundles) since leaving Nintendo is Perfect Dark Zero, and not to offend the 360, but it definitely helps that the game was a shooter.