By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP vs Banjo Nuts and Bolts

starcraft said:
Gobias said:
disolitude said:
Banjo...Xbox has 6 million more units on the market.

Brand reckognition is also on Banjo's side...

Anyone saying that people who played n64 Banjos all own wii's need to rethink their logic. I know atleast 5 people that had n64's when they were in high school and want nothing to do with the Wii at this point of their life.

I didn't know it was coming out tomorrow.

OT: LBP will sell better imo, especially after the vehicle fiasco with BK.

When you say fiasco are you referring to the majorly positive hands-on previews?

I think this issue will come down to marketing pure and simple.

Uh? 3 Red Lights and Giant Bombcast both said they were left feeling sad after playing Nuts and Bolts, being the only two I have heard talk about it, I'll go with them.

OT: LBP. By a bit.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

LBP will sell better, and be overall better.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

LBP i hope :)

Looks like the general consensus is that LBP will sell better.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Crazzymans positive thinking makes me always smile a bit.
lol
LBP wont reach 1M, if not EU sales will be massive. I bet my last money on Banjo.

Around the Network

LBP

|_emmiwinks said:
starcraft said:
Gobias said:
disolitude said:

Anyone saying that people who played n64 Banjos all own wii's need to rethink their logic. I know atleast 5 people that had n64's when they were in high school and want nothing to do with the Wii at this point of their life.

When you say fiasco are you referring to the majorly positive hands-on previews?

Uh? 3 Red Lights and Giant Bombcast both said they were left feeling sad after playing Nuts and Bolts, being the only two I have heard talk about it, I'll go with them.

Who?  All the major sites I have read their hands-on reports said it was fun.

|_emmiwinks said:
starcraft said:
Gobias said:
disolitude said:

I need to correct you.

Jeff and Ryan have been totally stoked about this game.

They can't believe all the negativity around the game as they think it looks "sick" and totally rad.

Yes that's a quote.

I think Banjo will be a top game and sell alot.

^^Nice job calling the guy out. I should start following up on what people say on these forums. LOL.

I don't know how you can compare the sales of the two games. They are very different in type. The only similarity is that they are both aiming at a more casual market.

With that said, I think Banjo will do better. The hard core crowd will support it and the casuals on 360 will welcome it... First, week might not be as high as LBP but it will stay higher over time.

LBP... I think will be another Viva Pinata... It will get great reviews but for some (fairly unknown reason), it won't get the sales I think a lot of people are expecting. First, week it will be high but really fall afterwards...