By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Australian hardware sales from IGN: Wii>360>PS3

Picko said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 is the best console in the world. Wii sells the most because it is the cheapest. X360- LOL we all know the widespread problems with that console it is not just the hardware problems.

The quality of the Xbox 360 game library is typically seen as being higher than both the PS3 and the Wii. Are you saying that games are unimportant to which console is best?

Yes games do not sell consoles. Brand name of Sony and Nintendo sells consoles.

Once again another source has undertracked the PS3. Why the hate of the PS3?

Around the Network
Magera said:
Unfortunatly for Sony, the only way they are going to catch up to the 360 any time soon is by doing a hell of a lot more of these deals where they give them away.

Even with the 35,000 to be given away this month, the Ps3 ma NEVER overtake the 360 if they keep selling the way they are.

Not having BC here at all has been a big problem for Sony. Everywhere you look there are massive sales on PS2 games (New/second hand) but as the PS3 does not play them, Many people have not bought a ps3 yet...

Perhaps when the price is down somewhere around $300 - $350 (Half it's current price) many more people will decide to buy one... Myself included.

Don't forget to add +70,000 consoles for PS3 when comparing install base -- these figures are from Gfk. They don't include the give-away PS3's...

And, sharky don't speak about the price drop of the 360 in Australia??? which is the real information in the link.
For the numbers, and for that, we must wait BKK2, it miss certainly the famous ps3 sold with the bravia promotion. About that, i think it exist a thread, regulary updated about hardware in Australia. So normally, it's better to post in it:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=25583

At christmas, they sold 33,000 ps3 with the bravia promotion, now they are 35,000 new units which can be sold with the new bravia promotion:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=31463&start=0

Edit: i think it will be good in the future to make a single thread about hardware numbers in each contry, as it already exist for Italy and France. With that, it's more simple, and more useful for ioi and us. When i see the numbers of ps3 and 360 at the end of Q1 2008, it's hard to me to understand if  bravia miss or not in the new total of ps3. Certainly because gfk don't track them, and it miss the number of New Zealand, so it can explain the big discrepencies. BBK2 it's what the last numbers of hardware we have in New Zealand?

NZ console sales

Wii: 16,000 - Pathetic Wii sales in NZ  :(

PS3: 34,000

Xbox: 45,000

With this in mind, Australian sales are approximately...

Wii: 440,000 - Awesome Wii sales in Australia  :)

Xbox: 365,000

PS3: 251,000

Source http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/features/131951.20080702.Nintendo-a-lemon-in-NZ/

The above link outlines the appalling condition of Nintendo in NZ.

:(

Thanks xponent. Now we understand better the numbers of Australia. But for me, it miss always the analysis of BKK2, because him had the dates for the last numbers. About that, any idea of the date of these new numbers?

Around the Network
lombard2578 said:
Thanks xponent. Now we understand better the numbers of Australia. But for me, it miss always the analysis of BKK2, because him had the dates for the last numbers. About that, any idea of the date of these new numbers?

Unfortunately, the dates for these numbers aren't mentioned in the article sorry.

All I can say is that the article itself is very recent. I guess we will have to wait for BKK2 to be sure.

Australia: vgchartz

Console   Total
WII   439,468

360   388,880
 PS3   261,757

GFK Australia

Console   Total
WII   440,000

360   365,000
 PS3   251,000

sharky said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 will eventually outsell the X360 in every region of the world except for NA which will see the PS3 in front eventually in three to four years time. Japan and Europe the PS3 is heavily outselling X360.

Keep telling yourself that

In reality 360 still has a significant lead in Europe and worldwide. It is outselling PS3 in UK according to the latest chart track.

Given these new prices I'd now doubt Ps3 can overtake 360 in AU.

PS3 is a bomb in Japan, so that's pretty irrelevant.

360 has an insurmountable lead in the USA. There is now way PS3 can overtake it there. PS3 would have to outsell 360 by an average of 200k.month for the next 29 months in row to accomplish that, which would then happen in early 2011 if that occured Unfortunatly, PS3 is barely outselling 360 if at all currently.

360 will almost certainly finish the gen ahead of Ps3 in the USA.

Personally I think it will maintain worldwide sales lead also.

Only PS3 fanboys bring up 360's alledged hardware problems.

In Europe? Wasn't there already a news post here on vgchartz that the ps3 already beat the 360 in Europe despite a 16 month headstart?

I agree that the 360 is favored in English speaking countries though because they buy their games to compete online with Americans.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
sharky said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 will eventually outsell the X360 in every region of the world except for NA which will see the PS3 in front eventually in three to four years time. Japan and Europe the PS3 is heavily outselling X360.

Keep telling yourself that

In reality 360 still has a significant lead in Europe and worldwide. It is outselling PS3 in UK according to the latest chart track.

Given these new prices I'd now doubt Ps3 can overtake 360 in AU.

PS3 is a bomb in Japan, so that's pretty irrelevant.

360 has an insurmountable lead in the USA. There is now way PS3 can overtake it there. PS3 would have to outsell 360 by an average of 200k.month for the next 29 months in row to accomplish that, which would then happen in early 2011 if that occured Unfortunatly, PS3 is barely outselling 360 if at all currently.

360 will almost certainly finish the gen ahead of Ps3 in the USA.

Personally I think it will maintain worldwide sales lead also.

Only PS3 fanboys bring up 360's alledged hardware problems.

In Europe? Wasn't there already a news post here on vgchartz that the ps3 already beat the 360 in Europe despite a 16 month headstart?

I agree that the 360 is favored in English speaking countries though because they buy their games to compete online with Americans.

Take no notice of sharky.  He makes starcraft and Legend11 look civil in comparison.

And you aren't Rock_On?

You have to be the most delusional person to ever enter this site. :P

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina