By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Australian hardware sales from IGN: Wii>360>PS3

but he is right.

Around the Network

Sharky ,if you really believe the 360 has a significant edge over the PS3 in Europe you must be smoking some very bad things.

Except in UK ,were the userbase of the 360 was big enough to resist a lot of time the catch up ,the PS3 has largely outclassed the 360 in every market as the HD console of choice.

To the point that the 360 is starting to lose its space in shelves.

Thanks for the AU & NZ numbers.

The New Zealand thread is here.

Through 2007 PS3 had sold nearly 21k, and 360 had sold 37k a couple of weeks later.

So for 2008 PS3 has sold 13k, compared to 8k for 360. PS3 has caught up by quite a bit. The 360 price drop might stop or slow down the PS3 from catching up now though.

NZ 08 YTD:

PS3: 13,000
360: 8,000

NZ LTD:

360: 45,000
PS3: 34,000
Wii: 16,000

For Australia GfK's 2007 LTDs were: 360: 299,000, WII :294,000
PS3 :155,000

AU 08 YTD:

Wii: 146,000
PS3: 96,000*
360: 66,000

AU LTD:

Wii: 440,000
360: 365,000
PS3: 284,000**

* excludes Bravia

**including 33,000 from previous Bravia promotion.

PS3 has caught up quite a bit in Australia too. This month's 35,000 Bravia bundles will push PS3 installed base pretty close to 360 installed base.

I'm in US at the moment, so won't be on here much for the next week or so.

Diomedes1976 said:
Sharky ,if you really believe the 360 has a significant edge over the PS3 in Europe you must be smoking some very bad things.

Except in UK ,were the userbase of the 360 was big enough to resist a lot of time the catch up ,the PS3 has largely outclassed the 360 in every market as the HD console of choice.

the ps3 is undertracked in the hell, go investigate!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

hey rock_on is back - true to himself.
haven't heard you raving about Ps3 in a while.
I love my 360, but you may be right - they will catch up to 360 one of these days, but not Wii. or do you still think PS3 will one day pass Wii?

Around the Network

Sharky and Diomedes, old rivals meet again.

lombard2578 said:

Edit: i think it will be good in the future to make a single thread about hardware numbers in each contry, as it already exist for Italy and France. With that, it's more simple, and more useful for ioi and us. When i see the numbers of ps3 and 360 at the end of Q1 2008, it's hard to me to understand if bravia miss or not in the new total of ps3. Certainly because gfk don't track them, and it miss the number of New Zealand, so it can explain the big discrepencies. BBK2 it's what the last numbers of hardware we have in New Zealand?

I agree, I usually try to keep the data for one country in the same thread, but the problem is the thread title is pretty specific to one event rather than specifying it´s for all data from that country.

I was previously using this thread for Australian data, maybe I should post the new data there as it also contains all previous data.

Can mods change thread titles? If so there are a few threads we could change the titles for so we can use them as single threads for each country. Then maybe make a sticky thread with links to all the different country threads so people can access them easily without having to start a new thread. If it´s not possible to change thread titles then I can make new ones with all previous data in, but I think it would still be a good idea to have a sticky thread with links to all of those.

Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 is the best console in the world. Wii sells the most because it is the cheapest. X360- LOL we all know the widespread problems with that console it is not just the hardware problems.

oh gawd, you are such a fanboy i swear.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 is the best console in the world. Wii sells the most because it is the cheapest. X360- LOL we all know the widespread problems with that console it is not just the hardware problems.

I disagree with you on all counts, but I don't want to turn this thread into an argument.

If the 360 did this well before a price cut, how will it do after?

is this monthly or weekly sales? If its weekly, doesn't that mean 360 is going to have about 700k in others once the data comes in?

Neos said:
Diomedes1976 said:

the ps3 is undertracked in the hell, go investigate!

Neos ,shut up.You are very ugly when you open that mouth.