By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Australian hardware sales from IGN: Wii>360>PS3

360 does best in English speaking countries(US/UK/AU/NZ)...PS3 will have a tough time taking any of these regions...

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

Around the Network

PS3 is the best console in the world. Wii sells the most because it is the cheapest. X360- LOL we all know the widespread problems with that console it is not just the hardware problems.

Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 will eventually outsell the X360 in every region of the world except for NA which will see the PS3 in front eventually in three to four years time. Japan and Europe the PS3 is heavily outselling X360.

Keep telling yourself that

In reality 360 still has a significant lead in Europe and worldwide. It is outselling PS3 in UK according to the latest chart track.

Given these new prices I'd now doubt Ps3 can overtake 360 in AU.

PS3 is a bomb in Japan, so that's pretty irrelevant.

360 has an insurmountable lead in the USA. There is now way PS3 can overtake it there. PS3 would have to outsell 360 by an average of 200k.month for the next 29 months in row to accomplish that, which would then happen in early 2011 if that occured Unfortunatly, PS3 is barely outselling 360 if at all currently.

360 will almost certainly finish the gen ahead of Ps3 in the USA.

Personally I think it will maintain worldwide sales lead also.

Only PS3 fanboys bring up 360's alledged hardware problems.

All the consoles seem to be doing quite well here.

madman25 said:
360 does best in English speaking countries(US/UK/AU/NZ)...PS3 will have a tough time taking any of these regions...

That is correct. Here are some countries 360 has a very good chance to beat the Ps3 for the generation I'd bet:

USA

UK

Canada

Australia

Around the Network

ps3 can sell more if they drop the price of it.

Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 is the best console in the world. Wii sells the most because it is the cheapest. X360- LOL we all know the widespread problems with that console it is not just the hardware problems.

PS3 is the best console in the world? Because you said so, it must be true! You are just a naughty little boy aren't you!!!!

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

Unfortunatly for Sony, the only way they are going to catch up to the 360 any time soon is by doing a hell of a lot more of these deals where they give them away.

Even with the 35,000 to be given away this month, the Ps3 ma NEVER overtake the 360 if they keep selling the way they are.

Not having BC here at all has been a big problem for Sony. Everywhere you look there are massive sales on PS2 games (New/second hand) but as the PS3 does not play them, Many people have not bought a ps3 yet...

Perhaps when the price is down somewhere around $300 - $350 (Half it's current price) many more people will decide to buy one... Myself included.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Lies who doubt the PS3. The PS3 will smash the X360 in console sales.

Rock_on_2008 said:

The quality of the Xbox 360 game library is typically seen as being higher than both the PS3 and the Wii. Are you saying that games are unimportant to which console is best?

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall