By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console graveyard

I had an Atari 2600 ... and that damn thing lasted me until 2002 ( and it was a 1990 model :P ) ... even then the console worked , just that my joystics had broken , and I couldent find new ones :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

SNES - broke
N64 - fell and can't turn on
Dreamcast - stolen
gameboy - sold it for a GBa
GBA - water
Gamecube - sold it
2 ds's broken hinge

My PS2 died from disc read errors, my Dreamcast died because my brother dropped it.

hunter_alien said:
I had an Atari 2600 ... and that damn thing lasted me until 2002 ( and it was a 1990 model :P ) ... even then the console worked , just that my joystics had broken , and I couldent find new ones :P

You know that you can use a Genesis controller in place of an Atari 2600 joystick right?

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

one NES - after the raise lower thing broke, it eventualy just stoped powering on
one snes- video out put died probably a bad solder

two ps2s- both disk drive failures

xbox one failed- my brother knocked a large candle onto it, the wax seeped into it.

no other failures on current consoles 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

NES- stopped reading games altogether
PS1- little brother broke it

PSN ID: Darkkilaz

NES - faulty connector
Dreamcast - dead power supply
PSP- worn out analog nub

Never had any problems with my others systems (2600, SNES, N64, GC, GB, GBA, PS2, PS3, Genesis, Saturn or my replacement Dreamcast and PSP) *knocks on wood*

Mehh, i have yet to see a console break lol.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

OFF TOPIC:
The title of your thread rembered me of this Reggie's sentence:
"The graveyard of any industry is filled with the headstones of companies who decided to keep doing things the same old way. Playing only on the margin, making things just a little bit better. That strategy works....for a while, but ultimately it's fatal. Over the years our industry has come to accept progress simply by what’s on the screen."

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

PS1 x 2

PS2 x 4 or 5 (lost count)...ooh I wonder how they managed to sell 120 million of them *cough cough*

Xbox 360 x 3 (RROD but under extended warranty
so still same console)