By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS2 GAMES on the ps store? 40gb BC confirmed?

XGamer0611 said:
I think this is great but it is not the BC I want. The price is sick, MGS 2 for £12.99 is actually $26 US. I purchased the disk for $3.99 used. Plus I'd want the disk. Sony is really pushing downloads which is a good thing but think about this the current incarnations of the PS3 are 40 GB and 80 GB. Boy, those HDD's are going to be filing up fast. What are you going to do about space....

i love it when people complain about the space when you can buy a 250 gig hardrive for 100 bucks (much cheaper then 120 gig for xbox).

I wonder why no one complains about space on xbox... the limit is 120 gigs.... o well ....

i have a 250 gig Hardrive on my ps3 so bring everything money can buy sony!!!!!

Around the Network
elgefe02 said:
You will have to re-buy it...

well i guess that wont be bad as long as i can get some of the games i want to play....others wise i will still gor for the 80, or hunt down the 60 so i can have full bc

Dogs Rule said:

@Pooper

Thanks for the info. I didn't know MGS1 was for PS1. (I'm new to MGS)

Yeah, SCEJ has already put MGS1 on PSN.... I assume the Japanese can play it on both PS3 and PSP.

It's so unfair..... Have you ever checked how MANY classic PS games they have on their PSN network?

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Soriku said:

Reasons why this is fake:

-There are still MANY PS2 games you can find easily around stores. Why would Sony allow you to download them? Why allow third parties (and them) to ship them in the first place if they were gonna do this?

-Uh...no notice or anything? If you know Sony, you know they announce or hint things beforehand. There haven't hinted anything at all.

-It's a European store. Like dbot said, they get things last. If anything, Japan should have gotten this first.

Looks photoshopped to me.

Edit: Btw, that's not even BC lol.

Point 1: Because they do the same with PSP games you can find in stores;

Point 2: Maybe they learned their lesson from HOME delays and decided to keep certain projects under their hats until they are near completion;

Point 3: Maybe they are showing love back to the Europeans who have supported them so well.

Soriku said:

-There are still MANY PS2 games you can find easily around stores. Why would Sony allow you to download them? Why allow third parties (and them) to ship them in the first place if they were gonna do this?

-Uh...no notice or anything? If you know Sony, you know they announce or hint things beforehand. There haven't hinted anything at all.

-It's a European store. Like dbot said, they get things last. If anything, Japan should have gotten this first.

Looks photoshopped to me.

All reasons why XBOX originals shouldn't have happened either (the first two).  The european thing is simply speculation, and who knows what's going on in Japan.

I'd put this rumour into the "somewhat credible" pile.  Along with a 360 price drop at E3, and Zelda Wii.  I'm not discussing E3, but Sony knows this is what people want, and E3 would be an excellent time to drop this.

Does anyone remember the maintenance on the PS Store last week...?  Could have been preparing for this.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

-There are still MANY PS2 games you can find easily around stores. Why would Sony allow you to download them? Why allow third parties (and them) to ship them in the first place if they were gonna do this?40gb cant play ps2 games..
-Uh...no notice or anything? If you know Sony, you know they announce or hint things beforehand. There haven't hinted anything at all.Sony never hinted 2.4 or 40gb ps3 either..

-It's a European store. Like dbot said, they get things last. If anything, Japan should have gotten this first.It could be a WW release

Looks photoshopped to me.How is it photoshopped?

?

mM
Soriku said:

I'd like to investigate this point further.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Socom: Confrontation, Warhawk, and just about every PC game available is available on disc, and online.  It's not unfeasable for this to happen.  And no, it's not backwards compatablility, but it's something close to it.  If they can get these games playing on the forty gig, then there has to be some way that they're gettting them to work on it.  Does this mean that b/c is coming to a PS3 near you?

This could be a great feat for Sony if they present this at E3.
But with all these large downloads coming (ps2 games possibly, Siren: Blood Curse) I really want Sony to introduce a way to have infinite downloads, so you don't have to worry about your games.
Until then, I will much prefer to have my games on discs that doesn't take up space on my harddrive. MGS2 was on a single DVD, and if Kojima hasn't changed too much since he made MGS2, I will bet he is using as many bytes as he possibly can. So, somewhere around 9 GB for MGS2? That's almost 1/4 of a 40 GB drive and I don't think Sony is going to release something like that unless they have something else to back it up, up their sleeve.
Still, I'd probably end up buying MGS 1+2+3 (if Sony are smart, they release MGS1 on the store) and God of War 1+2.

wenlan said:
Dogs Rule said:

@Pooper

Thanks for the info. I didn't know MGS1 was for PS1. (I'm new to MGS)

Yeah, SCEJ has already put MGS1 on PSN.... I assume the Japanese can play it on both PS3 and PSP.

It's so unfair..... Have you ever checked how MANY classic PS games they have on their PSN network?

;O!

Omfg! And I was so close to trying and find the old disc! Sony, go go! You know what must be done!

GIVE EUROPEANS MGS1 ON THE STORE AND YOUR SINS SHALL BE REDEEMED!

How the hell would someone get a screenshot like this in the first place? Does the PSN have a partner-net equivalent?

Anyways, photoshopping this would be easy as pie. But since the PSN is done through a browser, you could probably make a working mock-up page with ps2 downloads as well.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"