By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS2 GAMES on the ps store? 40gb BC confirmed?

Rhonin the wizard said:
ecurbj said:
Well it's certainly coming soon. I mean Microsoft is doing it with original Xbox games on the Xbox 360 Marketplace to be downloaded to the HDD.

Soon Nintendo will follow suit and seeing as how Sony just only at the time have a massive amounts of 40GB PS3's on the market. It would make aboslute since to add PS2 games on the PSN so those 40GB users can download them if they like.

I think Sony will only put best-selling titles on PSN though or they might listen to the community. Just like how they listened to "In-game XMB".

With what?

Nevermind, I was expecting Nintendo to release some Gamecube games on the Nintendo Channel, but I don't think they will considering the Wii doesn't have a HDD.

Around the Network

Since when does "confirmed" mean rumor?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

This would be a cool feature, hope its true.

I think this is great but it is not the BC I want. The price is sick, MGS 2 for £12.99 is actually $26 US. I purchased the disk for $3.99 used. Plus I'd want the disk. Sony is really pushing downloads which is a good thing but think about this the current incarnations of the PS3 are 40 GB and 80 GB. Boy, those HDD's are going to be filing up fast. What are you going to do about space....

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

leo-j said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
ecurbj said:
Well it's certainly coming soon. I mean Microsoft is doing it with original Xbox games on the Xbox 360 Marketplace to be downloaded to the HDD.

Soon Nintendo will follow suit and seeing as how Sony just only at the time have a massive amounts of 40GB PS3's on the market. It would make aboslute since to add PS2 games on the PSN so those 40GB users can download them if they like.

I think Sony will only put best-selling titles on PSN though or they might listen to the community. Just like how they listened to "In-game XMB".

With what?

They cant, no HDD..

Because GC games arent 512mb..

Or perhaps they don't need to.... you can play any GC game in the Wii.

What I want to ask though is, is this all you get? ie will those people buying a PS3 now be forced to buy online versions of PS2 games again? (assuming they sold their PS2 to go towards PS3 price)

Around the Network
ecurbj said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
ecurbj said:

With what?

Nevermind, I was expecting Nintendo to release some Gamecube games on the Nintendo Channel, but I don't think they will considering the Wii doesn't have a HDD.

They could release an external hardrive, but that's not the point, the Wii plays all GameCube games.

this would be good if its true,but i doubt it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Rhonin the wizard said:
ecurbj said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
ecurbj said:

With what?

They could release an external hardrive, but that's not the point, the Wii plays all GameCube games.

I know, but I was saying it would be a nice feature to also have Gamecube games on the Nintendo Channel.

Just a rumour. Never take news like this seriously unless Sony officially announces it and it appears on a credible site.

NJ5 said:
Since when does "confirmed" mean rumor?

Um do you know english?

You would have a point if it did say it was confirmed, but a small marking that looks like this ? is key here. Its called a question mark. That means it's questionable. Confirmed? means a whole different thing than Confirmed!