By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS2 GAMES on the ps store? 40gb BC confirmed?

If its true than OMG . This could be a great ace in Sonys hand . Xbox original is great , but this is so much better . No matter what people say the game library could potentially be much , much bigger ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Would be nice if true but the games would need to be cheaper.

dawve24 said:

Yes, since you can get Metal Gear essentials for 30$ Can/US. 12.99 pounds seems excessive for 1/3 of the essentials' content.

But I sure hope this is true.

XGamer0611 said:
I think this is great but it is not the BC I want. The price is sick, MGS 2 for £12.99 is actually $26 US. I purchased the disk for $3.99 used. Plus I'd want the disk. Sony is really pushing downloads which is a good thing but think about this the current incarnations of the PS3 are 40 GB and 80 GB. Boy, those HDD's are going to be filing up fast. What are you going to do about space....

Um it's targetting people who don't have a Ps2 and it's games obviously. and the Ps3 is almost 600 dollars so that 12.99 is actually 26 dollar claim is bull shit. Unless you want to complain about prices go for it. But you would also have to complain about 360 being 400 USD

... You'd want the disc? I thought movie downloads were the future..... weird....

Dogs Rule said:
dawve24 said:

Yes, since you can get Metal Gear essentials for 30$ Can/US. 12.99 pounds seems excessive for 1/3 of the essentials' content.

But I sure hope this is true.

Buying each game individully would be more expensive too. You can't really compare it to the Essentials Collection. And MGS1 is a Ps game. It would most likely be cheaper than this.

Around the Network

This looks fake. This is from the European Store. The European Store will be the last to get anything new from Sony.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

does that mean if i have the disc i could play it or will i have to rebuy the game to be able to play it off of a 40 gg model?

mesoteto said:
does that mean if i have the disc i could play it or will i have to rebuy the game to be able to play it off of a 40 gg model?

Since it's only a rumor or fantasy, you can picture it either way for now. :) I like to picture mine where I can also play disks. There would also be 2 lesbians... sisters probably. I'd only be watching.

@Pooper

Thanks for the info. I didn't know MGS1 was for PS1. (I'm new to MGS)

You will have to re-buy it...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

@2 above----yeah lets go with yours......