By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is back where it belongs!

I waited in line to pick up a Wii when they first came out. The great thing about the Wii is that it is family oriented. Nintendo doesnt put out games that are violent in nature and laced with sex and profanity. Which is great because not all people are interested in games like that. I think the Wii has an excellent variety of games for any age group to enjoy.

I love the accessories, and the fact that it comes with a game when you buy it. I have a PS3 and I like playing my high end games, like Madden and such on it. But I like the different games the Wii offers that the other consoles dont. This is a great unit, and so much addictive fun for ANYONE who owns one.

I can totally understand the high demand craze for this system. Granted, the graphics are not as good as the XBOX360 or the PS3, but what Nintendo has done is brought gaming back as it should be. No high dollar price to get extras like dvd playing, music, internet, etc. They focused on making this a GAME console. If you want a DVD option, get a DVD player. If you want music, buy an Ipod or a stereo. If you want the internet, buy a computer. Consoles are supposed to be for GAMES. These other high end units have taken that away, although they are great, they are overpriced because of these features.

I say Kudos for Nintendo for making such a fun system, and I am glad to see what a success that it is, and why it continues to be in high demand and sells out. People can appreciate getting a system for the WHOLE famly, and investing in an affordable GAMING console without all of the extra mumbo jumbo at a high priced cost that the competitors offer on their units.

In conclusion Nintendo has rightfully reclaimed it's crown, i've always loved nintendo for the great memories it has given me going back to  the (in my opinion) greatest console ever made the NES, playing classic games such as mario, double dragon, turtles, adventure island 2, and felix. I dont know what it was but growing with the NES was probably one the things i always look back on with fond memories, i'd be up 5am playing it. last gen consoles belonged to sony and rightfully the ps2 was ahead of its time, but I think that everone will agree with me when i say that nintendo is back where it belongs at the top without nintendo there would be no gaming if you think about it was the NES that helped the gaming industry from failing. And this generation the wii will destroy both the ps3 and xbox 360 because the wii has become a pop culture phenomenon and is has deserved its success - ITS ME MARIO !!!!

Around the Network

in-before wii/nintendo haters

all i can add to this is RIGHT ON

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

agreed

This is a nice sentiment to be shared among people old enough to remember Nintendo's 1st golden age, that's why i see so much Nintendo support on this site, due to the older, more mature demographic. However, you are gonna get flamed about 1,000 before this thread ends by Sony and MS fanboys. All i ask of them is to just see this topic as a Nintendo fan's nostalgia and not an attack on your console of choice.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

I pretty much agree with you. Its great to see Nintendo back on top.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
o_hadji89 said: 

I can totally understand the high demand craze for this system. Granted, the graphics are not as good as the XBOX360 or the PS3, but what Nintendo has done is brought gaming back as it should be. No high dollar price to get extras like dvd playing, music, internet, etc. They focused on making this a GAME console. If you want a DVD option, get a DVD player. If you want music, buy an Ipod or a stereo. If you want the internet, buy a computer. Consoles are supposed to be for GAMES. These other high end units have taken that away, although they are great, they are overpriced because of these features.  

Totally agree

Nickelbackro said:
This is a nice sentiment to be shared among people old enough to remember Nintendo's 1st golden age, that's why i see so much Nintendo support on this site, due to the older, more mature demographic. However, you are gonna get flamed about 1,000 before this thread ends by Sony and MS fanboys. All i ask of them is to just see this topic as a Nintendo fan's nostalgia and not an attack on your console of choice.

Uh, ok. Quite the naive statement, no?

OT - The NES certainly brings back some fond memories. However, my favourite gaming memories came from the SNES. No one could beat 2d Nintendo (besides square). I must agree though, it is nice to see another shift in the market and one that is very much a focus on videogames as opposed to media centres (although I do love my HD machines).

I was a past Sony fan, and I agree with everything you said. The truth is, the N64 and Cube had not enough constant support of diverse games for everyone while the Ps1 and 2 had that.

But.... the Wii now as something to say about that. :)

agree with that post!

RolStoppable said:
Two things:

1) I wouldn't call Madden a high end game, especially because the 08 edition had some bugs.

2) The Wii has an internet channel.

3) I can't count to two.

Oh I see, you can't cont to two so you have to count to three in order to make your two points. It makes perfect sense now that I think about it.

I agree with the OP, I'm glad Nintendo is once again riding high in the gaming industry. It takes balls to do what Nintendo did with the DS and Wii.

As Einstein once said (probably before he died)

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."