By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is back where it belongs!

o_hadji89 said:

I waited in line to pick up a Wii when they first came out. The great thing about the Wii is that it is family oriented. Nintendo doesnt put out games that are violent in nature and laced with sex and profanity. Which is great because not all people are interested in games like that. I think the Wii has an excellent variety of games for any age group to enjoy.

I love the accessories, and the fact that it comes with a game when you buy it. I have a PS3 and I like playing my high end games, like Madden and such on it. But I like the different games the Wii offers that the other consoles dont. This is a great unit, and so much addictive fun for ANYONE who owns one.

I can totally understand the high demand craze for this system. Granted, the graphics are not as good as the XBOX360 or the PS3, but what Nintendo has done is brought gaming back as it should be. No high dollar price to get extras like dvd playing, music, internet, etc. They focused on making this a GAME console. If you want a DVD option, get a DVD player. If you want music, buy an Ipod or a stereo. If you want the internet, buy a computer. Consoles are supposed to be for GAMES. These other high end units have taken that away, although they are great, they are overpriced because of these features.

I say Kudos for Nintendo for making such a fun system, and I am glad to see what a success that it is, and why it continues to be in high demand and sells out. People can appreciate getting a system for the WHOLE famly, and investing in an affordable GAMING console without all of the extra mumbo jumbo at a high priced cost that the competitors offer on their units.

In conclusion Nintendo has rightfully reclaimed it's crown, i've always loved nintendo for the great memories it has given me going back to  the (in my opinion) greatest console ever made the NES, playing classic games such as mario, double dragon, turtles, adventure island 2, and felix. I dont know what it was but growing with the NES was probably one the things i always look back on with fond memories, i'd be up 5am playing it. last gen consoles belonged to sony and rightfully the ps2 was ahead of its time, but I think that everone will agree with me when i say that nintendo is back where it belongs at the top without nintendo there would be no gaming if you think about it was the NES that helped the gaming industry from failing. And this generation the wii will destroy both the ps3 and xbox 360 because the wii has become a pop culture phenomenon and is has deserved its success - ITS ME MARIO !!!!

1. I like my violent games (GTA4, CoD4, etc). Kiddy games like Mario aren't always good

2. Who decides whats affordable? I have the money to buy a PS3 and 360 so IMO they're affordable.

3. I don't agree that nintendo is back where it belongs.

4. If Nintendo hadn't made the NES and "saved" gaming, some other company would have a year later. Maybe Sega, maybe Sony, maybe Microsoft.

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

You guys better hope the hate from the HD crowd starts pretty soon, or you will look childish for your predictions.

It won't come from me though, I like the Wii.

Ok :)

|OT|
To be honest, the wii is a console you want to play when you try to beat MGS4 to get the FOXHOUND Emblem but just find out it's too damn impossible. 

The wii is #1...but why? Cuz it's cheap. The lil kids go to Gamestop and see the PS3/360 booths with the beautiful grafics, cool characters like Marcus Fenix and Solid Snake and ask their parents for one of those consoles...but do the poor kids cry when the parents get home with a Wii with last-gen graphics and with a fat old plumber for their games...sure they play iy...but because they don't have anything better...it's sad really.

Parents see the PS3/360/Wii on a shelf, and ask

-"Ok, what's cheapest one?" 

-"The Nintendo wii Ms." 

-"Okey, give me one of those"

It's only a matter of time b4 the true nextgen(current...actually) consoles get a casual price.

Sorry to break your bubble guys, but enjoy the Wii while you can..b4 it crumbles down to the true NExT- GenErAtIoNz ;)

No but seriously, wii sux, HD gaming is the future. End of that.

coolestguyever said:
o_hadji89 said:

I waited in line to pick up a Wii when they first came out. The great thing about the Wii is that it is family oriented. Nintendo doesnt put out games that are violent in nature and laced with sex and profanity. Which is great because not all people are interested in games like that. I think the Wii has an excellent variety of games for any age group to enjoy.

I love the accessories, and the fact that it comes with a game when you buy it. I have a PS3 and I like playing my high end games, like Madden and such on it. But I like the different games the Wii offers that the other consoles dont. This is a great unit, and so much addictive fun for ANYONE who owns one.

I can totally understand the high demand craze for this system. Granted, the graphics are not as good as the XBOX360 or the PS3, but what Nintendo has done is brought gaming back as it should be. No high dollar price to get extras like dvd playing, music, internet, etc. They focused on making this a GAME console. If you want a DVD option, get a DVD player. If you want music, buy an Ipod or a stereo. If you want the internet, buy a computer. Consoles are supposed to be for GAMES. These other high end units have taken that away, although they are great, they are overpriced because of these features.

I say Kudos for Nintendo for making such a fun system, and I am glad to see what a success that it is, and why it continues to be in high demand and sells out. People can appreciate getting a system for the WHOLE famly, and investing in an affordable GAMING console without all of the extra mumbo jumbo at a high priced cost that the competitors offer on their units.

In conclusion Nintendo has rightfully reclaimed it's crown, i've always loved nintendo for the great memories it has given me going back to  the (in my opinion) greatest console ever made the NES, playing classic games such as mario, double dragon, turtles, adventure island 2, and felix. I dont know what it was but growing with the NES was probably one the things i always look back on with fond memories, i'd be up 5am playing it. last gen consoles belonged to sony and rightfully the ps2 was ahead of its time, but I think that everone will agree with me when i say that nintendo is back where it belongs at the top without nintendo there would be no gaming if you think about it was the NES that helped the gaming industry from failing. And this generation the wii will destroy both the ps3 and xbox 360 because the wii has become a pop culture phenomenon and is has deserved its success - ITS ME MARIO !!!!

1. I like my violent games (GTA4, CoD4, etc). Kiddy games like Mario aren't always good

2. Who decides whats affordable? I have the money to buy a PS3 and 360 so IMO they're affordable.

4. If Nintendo hadn't made the NES and "saved" gaming, some other company would have a year later. Maybe Sega, maybe Sony, maybe Microsoft.

Amen brother.  I just don't get tired of running over people in GTA4, or stabbing crappy snipers on the back in COD4

Let Nintendo enjoy 1st place again...they havn't for a very long time...  in a couple of years they will get de-throned once again ;)

(If Sony would have saved gaming...instead of Nintendo with their crappy heroes (Monkeys,plumbers,gorillas,a wannabe hero kid with a dorky green outfit)  this world would have been a much better place....................

Oh to dream....)

He writes it like it's a class project for his 3rd grade class.
And NO, nintendo is not helping gaming, i think.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

MakoInfused said:
coolestguyever said:
o_hadji89 said:

Amen brother.  I just don't get tired of running over people in GTA4, or stabbing crappy snipers on the back in COD4

Let Nintendo enjoy 1st place again...they havn't for a very long time...  in a couple of years they will get de-throned once again ;)

(If Sony would have saved gaming...instead of Nintendo with their crappy heroes (Monkeys,plumbers,gorillas,a wannabe hero kid with a dorky green outfit)  this world would have been a much better place....................

Oh to dream....)

haha oh man i totally agree! i can't get enough of stabbing shit snipers who forget to toss up their claymores! or they put the claymores up so poorly i run by them and proceed to stab them.

Around the Network

Mako, stfu and drop to hell. This thread wasn't meant to troll. Go under your bridge with your bullshit.

I don't care what anyone says at this point. The Ps3 and 360 can constantly drop price all they want but THEY WILL NOT SURPASS WII! That's final.

Man, Mako, your such a stupid fanboy.

coolestguyever, so the fact that you bought it and it's affordable proves that the price point won't matter. Or maybe you meant some other anti Wii comment.

Man. Why are there so many dumbass Sony fanboys nowadays on the internet? We need more gr8 Sony fanboys like Darth. Not leo-j, or coolestguyever. They are just high-school jokes. I bet they haven't even graduated yet.

MakoInfused said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

You guys better hope the hate from the HD crowd starts pretty soon, or you will look childish for your predictions.

It won't come from me though, I like the Wii.

Ok :)

|OT|
To be honest, the wii is a console you want to play when you try to beat MGS4 to get the FOXHOUND Emblem but just find out it's too damn impossible. 

The wii is #1...but why? Cuz it's cheap. The lil kids go to Gamestop and see the PS3/360 booths with the beautiful grafics, cool characters like Marcus Fenix and Solid Snake and ask their parents for one of those consoles...but do the poor kids cry when the parents get home with a Wii with last-gen graphics and with a fat old plumber for their games...sure they play iy...but because they don't have anything better...it's sad really.

Parents see the PS3/360/Wii on a shelf, and ask

-"Ok, what's cheapest one?" 

-"The Nintendo wii Ms." 

-"Okey, give me one of those"

It's only a matter of time b4 the true nextgen(current...actually) consoles get a casual price.

Sorry to break your bubble guys, but enjoy the Wii while you can..b4 it crumbles down to the true NExT- GenErAtIoNz ;)

No but seriously, wii sux, HD gaming is the future. End of that.

Yeah lets completely forget that you can buy a 360 arcade for almost the exact same price as a Wii.

The last few posts have been really trollish, what the hell? Mods?

Lets be nice people, or this thread gets locked. Everyone is entitled to their (non-trolling) opinion, without being insulted.

And if someone does troll... you can all see the "Report" button...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

In all honesty, I wonder why I didn't get a Nintendo console before Wii. (talking about Nes and Snes.)

Nintendo is helping the gaming image in the eyes of many people. I mean, before the ds and Wii, many people around Manhattan would be more like "fuck games, I got other things to do". Now Nintendo actually made it so my girlfriend actually wants to play the Wii. (she only watches dvds on my ps2.)

I still don't believe that mature adults would go gaga over ps360 in the future. It's true. The Wii added popularity to gaming, whther people thinks so or not. Without the Wii or ds now, many people would have the image, in the minds of some 5 bil people of the world, that gamers are "people with no lives, jobs, friends" even though lots of gamers are not like that.

So whoever thinks otherwise, I feel sorry for you, your crazy mother, your deadbeat father, and so forth.

Lol, kids...chill

Str8knox, no need to call names :) Read my first post on this thread ;)

@wfz

The arcade 360 sucks...badly.....

Even i would prefer a Wii over that thing xD