By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is back where it belongs!

jake_the_fake1 said:
lolita said:

A console sells because it's better and deserves it. Wii is very innovative, more than past consoles, imo. Its library of games is getting better and is appealing for anyone.

I really hope Wii sells more than PS2. Nintendo deserves it. They've put much effort into it.

They are indeed back where they belong!

why do they deserve it?

I mean Nintendo was once number 1, Sony was also number 1, yet the Microsoft has never been number 1, so why not say that Microsoft deserves it?

I for one don't feel Nintendo should be in 1st place, from my expirience, I belive they should of stayed either 2nd or 3rd place, mostly 2nd though.

I think lolita was saying they deserve it because they've put the most work into offering something new, different, and exciting.  I don't think she was trying to imply that there should be some sort of rotation to ensure its "fair" or something silly like that.  Unfortunately the question of which console is the most exciting is entirely based in opinion, so each person can really only speak for themself.

Luckily there is a system in place for determining which console should sell the most hardware.  And it takes into account the opinion's of everyone who purchases a game console.  You might guess that this "voting system" is the sales numbers themselves...and you would be correct.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

The key here is that Nintendo have pushed the boundries in every capacity. Games ofcourse, especially more recently and this is despite usual big business approaches of safe driving and sequelisation. Copy the other guys is something i know that company will never do.

System wise, its a joke that Xbox only now sees the value in trying something new, ofcourse its not new because Nintendo already did it.    

No 'real' company wants to risk failure because of a new idea, and considering Nintendo's staple in Mario, Zelda, etc sequels they too understand how not to change some things, but they alone really try to innovate more often and with greater risks than any other company.

Imagine if Microsoft didn't innovate much between window xp and vista, well some would say they haven't really, but you get my point. No risk no reward clearly.

I just hope Nintendo still take risks even when theyre company surpasses Toyota as the most valuable japanese corporation. What am i saying? It's Nintendo, these dudes will innovate in ways we, and other mainstream multi purpose technology and software manufacturers, will never imagine.

I fucking loathe corporate conglomerates and hope that for as long as im alive Nintendo stays independant, solitary, less focussed on the importance of commercial interests and sales figures, and consistently surprises all of us.

It's funny how with Microsoft i expect a Wiimote that is exactly the same, or 90% similar, as Nintendo's at E3. Who actually believes they will be genuinly surprised by something different from that or any of these companies.

Remember people are scared of things that are different, but how boring the world would be if they wern't.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

coolestguyever said:

1. I like my violent games (GTA4, CoD4, etc). Kiddy games like Mario aren't always good

2. Who decides whats affordable? I have the money to buy a PS3 and 360 so IMO they're affordable.

3. I don't agree that nintendo is back where it belongs.

4. If Nintendo hadn't made the NES and "saved" gaming, some other company would have a year later. Maybe Sega, maybe Sony, maybe Microsoft.

Haven't read the rest of the thread, so someone might've pointed this out already, but...

1. I believe he said games don't have to be violent to be good, not that they automatically aren't.

2. The majority decides what is affordable. Plain and simple, if one person can afford buying a space station, it doesn't mean that it's generally affordable.

3. Most of us do.

4. If Nintendo hadn't made the NES, gaming wouldn't have been saved. SEGA might've gone into the race, but Sony entered as a direct result of a deal they made with Nintendo which Nintendo broke, and Microsoft joined just to disrupt Sony - So, no. Sony and Microsoft would most likely not have made consoles, ever.

Str8knox said:
Mako, no one cares about your stupid posts. Just drop the bull shit. Same goes for whackest....erm...coolestguy too. This thread was made to congratulate Nintendo. You somehow managed to drop a terd in a thread like this. At least make your own Wii hate Wii thread instead of messing up a good one.

So you should take your own advice.

^^ Is this guy serious?? Your tendencies to spout such verbal garbage is insulting to the word "intelligence".Go back to grade school and learn good rhetoric.Peace.

@Majin: Actually M$ went to console race to prevent Sony from disrupting them, not to disrupt Sony.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Huh, wonder why that guy is not getting banned. That is quite offensive talk there.

Anyway, it is always good to have alternatives. You can get a wii for some games and ps3 or 360 for others. :)

Nintendo have "saved" gaming

Why??

Recent studies has shown that alot of todays teenagers have almost the same bone structure as 70 years old's beacuse they sit on a chair( very often a bad one) several hours a day doing nothing then move their thumbs.

The Wii offers alot more then chairsitting.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

It's always nice to see an arrogant company like Sony's gaming division kicked in the balls and put into place and I would think the same of Nintendo if they had the same attitude.

But whilst they are humble(ish) and respectful of their fans and consumers, glad to see them on top again.

It's not "Nintendos rightful place" in my opinion, but the place for the company, which manages to fulfill the consumers demands the best, which atm is Nintendo.

MakoInfused said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

You guys better hope the hate from the HD crowd starts pretty soon, or you will look childish for your predictions.

It won't come from me though, I like the Wii.

Parents see the PS3/360/Wii on a shelf, and ask

-"Ok, what's cheapest one?"

-"The Nintendo wii Ms."

-"Okey, give me one of those"

A 18 year old GTA (in Americas) or PES (in Europe) addict see the PS3 on the shelf (although there are Xbox360s and Wiis right next to it)

- Which is the Playstationzzz! Gimme!

- Ohh, hello, but you can also try...

- Gimeee the Playstationz!