By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2008 best year of gaming?

so far so many awesome games have been released and alot more to come,anyone think this will be the best year in gaming?

1998,2001 and 2007 all were great but i think 08 will pass them

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Maybe. If Starcraft 2 gets released this year, then I'd say it has good chances to dethrone 1998 from the "Best Year of Gaming" spot.

If both Starcraft 2 and Dragon Age get released this year, then I'd say it will be the Best Year of Gaming.

And just like 1998, it seems it will be PC who will have the biggest share of Awesome Games. But to be honest, 2009 seems like it might have an even better lineup.

^hmm i dont know,i think spore and sc2 will make it this and and make it a hard year to be beat

Actually, I think so, yes.

GTA IV
MGS IV
GeOW 2 (even though Im not a fan)
Fable 2 (again, not a fan)
LittleBigPlanet
Fallout 3
Too Human
Spore

Hell, I think thats more then last year alone in big must buy games, and there are more games to add to the list. Its a good year to be a gamer, Again!

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

well it's the best year for DS

Around the Network

^yeah there area also SSBB,MKWii to add to the list also starcraft2,soul calibur 4,tekken 6

pichu_pichu said:
well it's the best year for DS

im thinkinh\g its the best for everything

shio said:

Maybe. If Starcraft 2 gets released this year, then I'd say it has good chances to dethrone 1998 from the "Best Year of Gaming" spot.

If both Starcraft 2 and Dragon Age get released this year, then I'd say it will be the Best Year of Gaming.

And just like 1998, it seems it will be PC who will have the biggest share of Awesome Games. But to be honest, 2009 seems like it might have an even better lineup.

On topic:

Yea 2007 beat 1998, and its obvious 2008 will beat 07, as the greatest year of gaming:

MGS4

GTA 4

BIOSHOCK RETURNS

STAR CRAFT 2

SPORE

LITTLE BIG PLANET

SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL

GEARS OF WAR 2

and more

yep seems to be one of the best years of gaming.

mM

i agree!! brawl MKW!! and more!

brute said:
^hmm i dont know,i think spore and sc2 will make it this and and make it a hard year to be beat

There's been a rumor that SC2 might be released on December 3rd, but there's no confirmation. Spore will definitely come this year, and I think will take the top spot for Best Game of the Year, if not of Alltime.

Anyway, we could make a list and compare it to 1998, to see if 2008 does really stand a chance.