By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

Wii will edge out the 360 in the end.

Around the Network

1.- Wii
2.- X360
3.- PS3

I'm surprised that so many people think it will be 360.

Wii should pass 360 in total million-sellers either late this year or early next year.

In fact, I think Wii should have 55-60 million-sellers through the end of March, 2009. The install base will be approaching 50M by then, which can certainly support that many million-sellers, so the only question is if there will be enough software. Despite complaints of "no good games," there will easily be enough.

There's about 8-10 already released Wii games which have a slow burn towards 1M (Pokemon, Game Party, HSM, Cooking Mama, Smarty Pants, DDR, Sega Tennis, Monkey Ball, Deca Sports, Lego Indy, We Ski). And then there's the annual franchises which will start hitting 1M on Wii this year: Madden, FIFA, Pro Evo, Tiger Woods, Need for Speed, The Sims 2 expansion games, Rock Band and WWE all could, in addition to Guitar Hero; all those series have already reached any million-selling potential they have on 360. Plus the rise of Wii-specific annual franchises like MySims, RRR and Carnival Games. And then liscensed games from kids properties or animated movies could start reaching 1M frequently. We know very little about upcoming first party games, but the bulk of them should sell 1M as well. Then round it out with Sonic Unleashed, GH Aerosmith, Lego Batman, etc., plus continued surprise hits.

It will all add up very quickly.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

in the end i say it will be wii that will have sold the most million seller games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

mesoteto said:
cookingyourmama said:

360 when all is said and done. Wii in second despite the wii having a large hardware base what tends to happen is a select few games sell many millions each instead of a wide spread of games that sell just over 1 million. Then the ps3 will be in third.

that makes no sense.....what you ment to say is that the 360 will have games that sell more but the wii will have more games that sell

i mean .....right?

What??? No the 360 will have more million sellers than the wii because the 360 has a wider range of games that just about sell over a million whilst with wii games the trend seems to be less million sellers but the ones that do sell a million go onto to sell several million. In rough figures say the 360 has a 100 million sellers and the wii gets 80, even tho the 360 would have more million sellers, if you added up the totals of the million sellers the 360 would have 170 million in software and the wii would have 220 millions in software.

Around the Network

Figuring out that answer is like nailing jelly to a tree... very difficult.

The PS3.

crumas2 said:
Figuring out that answer is like nailing jelly to a tree... very difficult.
first you need to freeze the jelly

"What??? No the 360 will have more million sellers than the wii because the 360 has a wider range of games that just about sell over a million whilst with wii games the trend seems to be less million sellers but the ones that do sell a million go onto to sell several million. In rough figures say the 360 has a 100 million sellers and the wii gets 80, even tho the 360 would have more million sellers, if you added up the totals of the million sellers the 360 would have 170 million in software and the wii would have 220 millions in software."

that will be teh reverse you have to think the wii will have double the user base.....

i mean even if we did stick with your theory that would mean the 360 100 million sellers and the wii will have 160 million sellers

when this gen has ended it would be the wii

don't know for sure about second place

Milion Selling Established IP's:

Wii- Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, WiiPlay, WiiFit, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Zelda, GH, Big Brain, Super Paper Mario, WarioWare, Crossbow Training, Strikers, RE, Sonic, Metroid, Lego Star Wars, RE:UC, RRR2. 19 out of 25, or 76%.

360- Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, GTA4, Forza, Guitar Hero 3, Madden, Tom Clancy Ghost Recon, Tom Clancy Rainbow Vegas, Guitar Hero 2, COD 3, COD 2, Madden 07, Fight Night 3, Tom Clancy Rainbow Vegas 2, PGR3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Perfect Dark Zero, Need for Speed: ProStreet, WWE, FIFA, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell, PES 2008, PES 6, DOA 4, DMC 4. That is 29 out of 41 Million sellers relying on established IP's. Or 70.7%.

PS3- GTA, COD 4, GT5:P, MGS4, PES 2008, FIFA, GHIII, Need for Speed, Ratchet, DMC 4. 10 out of 15, or 66.6%.

It seems that the Wii's Million sellers come mostly from established brand names. But the Wii is also the one that has MUCH more Million sellers up their sleeves and Nintendo is apparently the best one at creating new IP's. And since they have a larger userbase it is a given that the software will sell much more.

My guess would be the Wii.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you