By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

The title says it all. Which console will have the most million sellers  by the end of the generation?

According to Vg, the number of million sellers on each console at the moment are:

wii- 51

360- 65

PS3- 31

By the looks of things, i think it will be pretty close between 360 and the wii. I still wouldn't rule out the PS3 yet, though.

EDIT: wow, didn't realize this thread became so popular. Might be late, but thought i might as well update it anyway. Sorry to all the people who did the updating when i should have.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Around the Network

It's really difficult to say. The 360 sells software like crazy and is more supported by third parties with high quality games. But the Wii sells casual games very well, has a great first party behind it, and is the sales leader for the generation.

The thing is that while multiplatform games will probably end up selling better on the Wii (save for sports games, shooters, or anything that frat guys might play), but the 360 can still have million sellers from those titles even if it doesn't sell as well as the Wii version.

I'd go with the 360, but it's tough to say. The one year lead helped a lot.

The 360

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

xbox360
Wii
PS3

I would say Wii, but most of the games are shit and that is why only 25 of them sold over a million. With the xbox360 even games that are so called shitty on there are still good games to play.

wii by at least double the 360 wii is a software selling monster and will only improve in that area...and the diverse userbase means more genres of games hit 1mil

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

my guess is

1.wii
2.ps3
3. 360

masterb8tr said:
my guess is
1.wii
2.ps3
3. 360

L O L

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@masterb8tr: care to backup your reasoning behind how you see the PS3 making up the deficit of 26 "million sellers" to topple the 360.

I think it is going to be a tight fight over number 1 but I think that the 360 will maintain its lead. Each semi decent First Part Nintendo franchise based game will sell 1 million. Nintendo games dont need to sell in such volumes to be profitable and I think the Wii will have a lot more 500k selling games but never topple the 360 with million sellers.

M$ are never going to abandon the 360 like they did the original Xbox.

I think there was a forum post a while back regarding how many million sellers the 360 would have by the end of 2008 and I think it was comfortably estimated at 50+.

On a side note its a shame VGchartz does not have EU sales data for SceneIT, i know that games been getting fairly decent sales in the UK and must be approaching £750k overall.

Secondly I really hope LO hits 1 million sales, its already nearly at £750k and with a bit of bundling will definitely top 1 million!

I have no doubt that the wii will eventually catch up to the 360. But all three consoles will have a great amount of them, but none of them will have as many million sellers individually as the ps2 did.

i think wii and ps3 will sell alot more hardware than 360. That is all